Cypher

Discussion in 'General' started by dwatts, Aug 20, 2005.

1. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I did a search for this film, but turned up nothing.

I caught up with this last night. It's not bad actually, although given the final scenes of the film, it makes it feel a bit trite. However, the journey to get there was fun enough. The DVD is stunning - reference quality. Actually I atched this back to back with Constantine - and you can't begin to compare the quality of the DVD's - Cypher is easily crisper, brighter, and clear.

Couple of things worry me - there are three or four "twists" in this film, but they didn't really work since the guy is simply told something that changes everything - but why would he believe the person telling it to him? Also, there is mention - even in the intro to the film - of underlying meanings in the film. What were they? I confess that while I watched the film and enjoyed it (I'm going 7.5 out of 10), I didn't sense any deeper themes of story lines. Maybe someone can help me out.

So... pity about the end, but yes, it's fun nonetheless. Lucy Lui is easily the worst actor in it, by the way :D

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Being a big fan of Cube... I'm rather ashamed to say that I still need to rent the DVD to see it! I'm not a big lover of Lucy Liu either, so that's probably why. :eek2:

3. CubeOfTheDead

CubeOfTheDead Member

I'm also a huge Cube fan and have yet to see this. I can't seem to find the DVD anywhere.

4. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

I thoroughly enjoyed this also Dwatts, although if there were deeper meanings they didn't rub off on me. A film of his you should go out of your way to see is NOTHING, a very interesting and humorous film with a great concept.