Danielle Harris' Halloween Top Six 2013

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 31, 2013.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Every year we partner with the fine folks at Anchor Bay Entertainment to give you a special Top Ten list from a current horror director. We already gave you a list from SEPTIC MAN's Jesse Thomas Cook but what's Halloween without a good treat? We're very happy to bring you a list from none other than Jamie Lloyd herself, Danielle Harris!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every year we partner with the fine folks at Anchor Bay Entertainment to give you a special Top Ten list from a current horror director. We already gave you a list from SEPTIC MAN's Jesse Thomas Cook but what's Halloween without a good treat? We're very happy to bring you a list from none other than Jamie Lloyd herself, Danielle Harris! She's been super busy this year, from directing and promoting AMONG FRIENDS as well as starring in HATCHET III, that's why she only had time for a list of 6. But they are 6 of her favorites, so read on and enjoy!

[​IMG]
    6. Ghostbusters (1984)

Yes. This movie is a horror movie in my book!! I'm captivated by this film still! I just love it and have yet to see anything come close to this classic. There's a reason why grown men still dress up like the guys and walk around horror conventions. Did I mention I also have Slimer on my bookcase in my house??

[​IMG]
    5. Witchboard (1986)

Ouija boards were a big no no in my house growing up, so of course I was obsessed with this classic b movie. I would have friends over when my parents would go out and we'd watch it and play with the ouija board. I have to admit, I always pushed it to move and made my friends believe that spirits were doing it!

[​IMG]
    4. Piranha (1978)

Need I say more?? Joe Dante really impacted my childhood apparently! He has this way of making kitschy things scary. The trailer for this movie is amazing. I wish they would bring this style of film making back. This is the sole reason my biggest fear is fish. I love the water, but g-d forbid I see a fish I freak out. Could be a tadpole and if it comes near me I'm screaming like I saw a shark!

[​IMG]
    3. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Classic genius. The sick mind of Freddy Kruger haunting and murdering you while you were helplessly stuck in your nightmare turned reality. Every kid doesn't wanna go to sleep when they're young, and most of us either slept with a light on or had our parents check the closet for the boogeyman. Now we were really afraid to go to sleep after watching this one!

[​IMG]
    2. Poltergeist (1982)

Was about 6 when I saw this one. Haunted places and tv's with static have forever been burned in my brain and still scare the crap out of me. I was about Carol Ann's age when I saw it, so it resonated. Just effortlessly directed and such a great mix of spfx and characters. Acting is superb and tone was so fitting. This one stands the test of time.

[​IMG]
    1. Gremlins (1984)

This was the first horror movie I ever saw and my parents took me to see it at the drive in! Just some good old 80's horror. I actually have a a gremlin in my house that was a prop puppet from the movie. Its one of the only things "horror" I have on display and sometimes the little girl in me sits on the couch and thinks its gonna come alive!!

Previous Anchor Bay Top Tens:
    2008: Maurice Devereaux (End of the Line)
    2009: Paul Solet (Grace)
    2010: Glenn McQuaid (I Sell the Dead)
    2011: Stephen Mena (Bereavement)
    2012: Jennifer Lynch (Chained) & Richard Bates Jr. (Excision)
    2013: Jesse Thomas Cook (Septic Man)

Attached Files:

2. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Quality picks. Anybody here watch Bones? Last season there was an episode with a Judge Judy-like character, and Danielle played the murdered producer. At one point her ex-boyfriend makes a reference to her character loving "all those Halloween movies." Good stuff.

3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Great list - I saw Gremlins at a drive in too actually lol - Danielle Harris is awesome so cool to see her top 6

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Added Witchboard to my queue--fun list!

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Hail to the (Scream) Queen!

Really cool to see a contribution from Danielle Harris on here! I recently checked out Among Friends and enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of the original April Fools' Day. Hope she does more :cool:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I wonder if Halloween 4 & 5 and Hatchet 2 & 3 would have filled out her top 10? :)

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

OK, we all know that she isn't a regular member or reader here (prove me wrong, Danielle!) and that all she did was fire off this list to her agent or handlers or whatever at AB's request. But still, how cool is it to have a contribution on this site from such a popular figure in the genre? If you're reading this, DH, just know that you earned major cool points in my book.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

She gave a similar list to another site. Top five ... and it was different except for 3.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...ed-by-among-friends-director-danielle-harris/

9. deepred

deepred Member

Never got the appeal of Harris for horror fans (besides her work in H4 and H5) but cool list regardless. :cool:

10. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

11. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Yeah, way to ruin everything, Baggio. Halloween = CANCELLED.

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I actually never saw H4 or H5.

I think the appeal, other than her cuteness (anyone who's seen her in person will certainly agree) is that she's never shied away from her image as a "scream queen"; she embraces it. But she also does it without trying to appear campy, like a lot of the 80s scream queens did. She's still the "girl next door", except someone's chasing her with a chainsaw.

And as for non-horror, she had a line in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead that I still use anytime I have to wake up super early: "She made us get up at the BUTTcrack of dawn"

13. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Wut?

14. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

All horror fans are to Danielle Harris is her meal ticket anyway!

15. deepred

deepred Member

That's the vibe I get from her. I don't find her very charismatic as an adult actress but she did a good job as a kid.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I often see people list her as one of their fav scream queens but I feel there is far bettah out there. ;)

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

:D Sorry. It's just the title of the thread looked so familiar. I knew I saw a similar story a awhile back.

17. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Your left nut is much more charismatic then Danielle Harris. Your also way much more pretty then her IMO. :p

Well you called bullshit on her and you made the right call. Now cum sit on mommies lap and let me smack those pasty ass cheeks of yours.

18. rhett

rhett Administrator

Isn't it terrible when someone volunteers their time to give people a list of movies they love?

19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

[copy and paste] :lol:

20. Rft183

Rft183 Member

I never understood her appeal either. Even in H4 and H5 I thought she was very annoying. But it was nice of her [agent] to come up with the list for us to read.