Dario Argento's Phantom of the Opera dvd - HELP!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Funktion, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Funktion

Funktion Member

When I bought the dvd (as soon as it was released), I noticed the widescreen side of the disk had no spanish subtitles, even though there's a subtitles "slot" in the disk (the full screen side has the subtitles).

I checked 3 copies of the dvd in 2 players, and none had subtitles on the widescreen side.

Does anyone have a dvd with the subtitles in both sides?
    If someone does, can you please tell me when & where did you get the dvd (in order for me to track a pressing with the subtitles in it, if one exists)?

thanks in advance for your help

2. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I checked my copy and it DOES have the subtitles on both sides.

I honestly can't remember where I bought it, only that it was off of the internet. If I had to guess, I would say either Buy.com or 800.com.

Hope that helps.

BTW - I purchased my copy as soon as it was released.

3. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

The one thing stopping me purchasing this DVD is the reported problem with the 5.1 soundtrack being out of synch. What are the chances of a re-release?

4. SantaSangre

SantaSangre Guest

That track is awful! The first time I saw it I slammed Asia for her lipsyncing. I think the chances of a re-release are nil unless someone else buys the rights. A-Pix (the distributor) recently declared bankruptcy and are pretty notorious for bad treatment of imported films anyway.