Dario Argento's "The Three Mothers" [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

From DarkDreams.org:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]La Terza Madre/The Third Mother news![/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Alan Jones has just sent me a report on the Trieste Film Festival where Dario revealed some news about his next film:

“I’m working on the script for La Terza Madre/The Third Mother now. We will start shooting in August 2004 and a major Hollywood studio may possibly get involved. It’s about mysticism, alchemy, terrorism and Gnosticism (a religious movement characterized by a belief in intuitive spiritual knowledge, regarded as a heresy by the Christian church). So many heretics were tortured because of the Church and I’m living all that at the moment and sleeping with difficulty."

"It will be set in Rome where we will first see the Mother of Tears/Mater Lachrymorum in medieval times. Because she is the most beautiful and cruel of the three mothers, I’m currently looking at Russian models to play that part. Ana Pieroni (who played the cat-stroking mother in Inferno) will not be reappearing as she now has five kids! It’s been over 20 years since I left the Three Mothers behind and it’s good to go back and explore the story from a retrospective perspective. I’m discovering more about witchcraft than ever before”.

To read the full report click
    here
    [/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

[/font]

2. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

If I thought Argento still had it in him, I'd say "Fuckin' A!" but his work has been lackluster over the past decade, even though Stendhal was pretty good, Argento hasn't had a good movie since Opera, and that's debatable.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Sleepless was great. He has aother in the can that I'll reserve judgement about.

I worry about a third mothers film - but I'll be glad to see it finished as a triology. I'd hate it to end as it is, incomplete. So bring it on!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

4. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Argento's still got it so i can't wait to see what he makes of the 3rd part. :banana:

5. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

This'd be cool. :)

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

So much time has passed, I'd figured Argento had intended never to return to it, especially since he cranked out the first two so close to each other.

It's good news I think, this upcomming one really can't hurt the first two, so I'll give it a shot.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Well, at the very minimum, at least Argento has now admitted that Anna Pieroni in Inferno WAS Mater Lachrymarum...

Or has he already said that somewhere else before? I keep forgetting...

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

He's said it before - but called her "only one interpretation".

9. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I think that MAYBE this could revive him as a director. I mean, Sleepless was decent but not up to his standards!

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Seems like 2004 will be a BIG year for director's in general (Argento, Romero, Carpenter, Barker...)!

11. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Though, Argento hasn't made a classic in years, I still hang on. Just like I do for Carpenter and Romero.

12. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I'll be looking forward to it. I figure Argento is like eating pizza or a hamburger. Even when it's bad it's still pretty good.

13. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

Even though his later gialli weren't as good has his earlier works (minus Stendhal - that was great) I have faith in La Terza Madre. His supernatural films are fantastic and a lot deeper than the gialli. I think that he'll do a great job, especially since he's researching the black arts.

14. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Personally, I can't wait for this film. Argento's weakest films still outshine many of his peers' efforts.

While I'm not a huge fan of his supernatural offerings, I'm very interested to see what the third installment has to offer...

15. Crystal Plumage

Ofcourse it's convenient for good old Dario since the remake of Suspiria will be released somewhere in '04 also...(according to IMDB)
    But that could just be a coincidence though.

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, if he's riding the tails of his own invention, why the heck not? :)

17. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

I thought Sleepless was excellent. A great return to form for Argento following several lackluster films such as Phantom of the Opera, Wax Mask (Which he co-wrote with Lucio Fulci), and Trauma. I think that the best thing he did in the 90's was his contribution to Two Evil Eyes. Argento's portion of the film is excellent, but Romero's drags my rating down for the film as a whole. I'd rather not have a major Hollywood studio get involved and have to edit the film for American audiences. I think the best thing to do is release the film in Italy, uncut, and then release a DVD in the U.S. and Canada, uncut. Possibly Blue Underground (Who will be re-releasing the Argento films according to the Bill Lustig interview on "that other site") or Anchor Bay (Who released a good number of Argento films on DVD in the past) will be involved. I just hope this doesn't end up in the hands of Lions Gate/Artisan/Republic judging on what they did to Sleepless. Luckily, I got my hands on the superb R2 DVD (OAR, Uncut). I'm also looking forward to The Card Dealer in 2004.

18. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'll definitely be checking this out.

19. Crystal Plumage

It's going to be a great Argento year next year.
    Cartaio,Three Mothers and Four Flies...(where is it Dragon?)

20. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

A friend of mine has a VHS copy of Four Flies on Grey Velvet but the quality is horrible. If you want a VHS dub of this, PM me. I hope Paramount surprises us with this one in 2004.