dark sky's TCM DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul0889, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

is it just me or is the new 5.1 and 2.0 stereo mixes on the dvd messed up. starting from when franklin is chainsawed and throughtout sally's chase scene in the woods, her screaming has been cut and all you hear is the chainsaw. the mono track isn't messed up however. the new nightmare on elm street dvd is also scewed up missing a lot of sound cues and softening others.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Wish I could confirm for you, but for whatever reason the distribution of the new TCM discs in my area was messed up. None of the stores around here have it in stock yet. :(

3. Another messed up "remix" DVD??!? Man, I'm keeping all my original...to heck with these "redux".

And I was at Target contemplating using a gift card on BOTH of these! Glad I held out.

4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Well I'm not an audiophile so the mono track does me just fine. This package from Dark Sky is awesome and I think anyone who loves this film would be foolish to pass this up.

5. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It may just be your sound system. When I hook up a portable CD player to my wife's car tape deck, some guitar tracks are often missing when I know proof positive that they are present. The fact that you're having probs with both TCM and ANOES leads me to believe this to be a similar case. None of the reviews I've read online have mentioned a problem with these releases. Don May did both mastering jobs so he's definitely the one to talk to about it. My advice: Check your wiring.

6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    As long as that mono track is there, I'm fine. This has happened in my case with THE FUNHOUSE. At the end when Amy is screaming her head off, it's not as prominent as it is on my laserdisc. The other sound effects drown her out on the DVD.