Dave's Halloween Top Ten 2014

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Dave, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I saw the '98 Godzilla for the first time a few weeks ago. Theatrically. Of course, it was part of the Rifftrax Live series. Very enjoyable that way. For example, when Godzilla is chasing the helicopter through the NY streets, Kevin Murphy says "If there was only a way we could make this thing go UP!"

2. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I would agree with Godzilla '98. I snagged a blu-ray copy at Giant Tiger for 5 bucks recently, and I'll likely give it a spin soon. The 2014 had the most boring trailer and look to it.

I generally don't like much of what I've seen from Spanish horror and Guillermo del Toro in particular. But I plan on checking out The Strain at some point.

3. indrid13

indrid13 Well-Known Member

I feel old. I remember seeing The Midnight Hour on TV.

4. Harrycanyon

Harrycanyon Banned Mofo

Godzilla 1998 was NOT Godzilla, it was Godzilla in name only! true fans of Godzilla hated it including me whom i've been a Godzilla fan since i saw 85's movie in theaters and Emmerich's Godzilla is just a Jurassic Park cash-in and it only borrowed a familar name and slapped it on there, the creature didn't act like Godzilla as it didn't breath fire and all that as the movie could had been called "Beast from 10,000 fantoms" and not Godzilla, even the Japanese hated it as fans called it "fraudzilla", GINO (Godzilla in name only) etc.

Now Godzilla 2014 was a true Godzilla movie and has Godzilla in it and the Japanese fans dug it and i like the Alien/Jaws set up it has. It's not for fans expecting Michael Bay style stuff, it's more for true Godzilla fans. Besides 1998's INO film was a piece of shit with the worst leading actress in film history.

5. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

So are you a Scotsman or a true Scotsman?