Dawn 2004 - Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by rhett, Mar 21, 2004.

?

What did you think of the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake?

1. I loved it, Ving Rhames is such a hunk!

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. I hated it, zombie babies are the pitfall of society!

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Don't need to, as I already did so in the thread on the film. If you care to see it, look it up. You may have too many rocks in your head to be able to realize how to use the search function though. :lol:

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Hahaaa

C'mon FZF, no need to get so defensive. Cujo made a good point, you really don't speak for everyone.

WHY is it so hard to understand that everyone has different taste in movies?

FYI - in addition to the one's Cujo mentioned, fast ZOMBIES were also in Zombi 3 and Zombie 4. It sure is embarassing to see a "FulciZombieFan" forget about Zombi 3, while trying so hard to make a point.

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Totally, for someone who's willing to accept a Fulci Zombie movie and all its euro-cheesiness you'd think he'd be willing to accept DOD04 :rolleyes: The fast Zombie thing is a real big issue for a lot of people - I did notice slower ones that seemed to be in more advanced stages of rigormortis, but perhaps the word "Zombie" implies a certain MO for the undead? When you tell someone you feel Zombi-fied you don't mean you feel like running around and being a crazed lunatic - you mean sluggish and weak-minded. So I can see how its a big deal for some. Really though, who wants the same fuckin' thing every time?

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I think the fast zombies would have been a little more acceptable if they wouldn't have suddenly after death got almost super human powers. Maybe they should have had the zombies have a big S appear on their shirts. :)

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Really though, what super human powers did they have? Punching through a windsheild? It would shatter every bone in your hand, but if you were undead, would you show it, or care? Other than that, I didn't really notice any above-normal powers - the little girl junping to her feet? Well maybe, but that's nothing major.

How 'bout the super power that every Zombie has to be shot and come back to life :rolleyes:

6. satanservant

satanservant Guest

The film was good but will never be a classic the way the first one is.

7. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

:sleepy:

You're joking, right?

8. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

This movie has been out for what a month now and people are still whining over the zombies moving fast?If it dies down,I'm sure it'll start up again when the DVD comes out LOL

9. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I'm just happy the zombies didn't have blue make-up... and Romero had nothing to do with this.

10. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Fuck you and your Romero bashing ... I've seen it before and you have a bad fucking attitude.

If it were not for Romero then you wouldn't even have this stupid remake you like so much so fuck off.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

11. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I like the blue makeup too, but if they had done everything the same as the Romero original, don't you think it would have cheapened it? In a way aren't you glad the original outshines this one? I liked the remake, but I still like the Romero version better - glad they took a different take on the Zombies even if the older ones are better.

12. Zombi 2

Zombi 2 Guest

In Romero's trilogy, if you died by any cause, as long as your brain was still intact, you would become a zombie. That is how the world became overrun so quickly. People die every second, hence, zombies were being "born" at a rapid pace.

In the remake, if zombies were only created through a bite from another zombie... then what created the first zombie? Where did the whole thing begin? And if it's only through bites, how the hell did it spread so quickly? I mean, the main character wakes up one morning, and the world has been turned upside down... it didn't make any sense.

13. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I never knew there were specific guidelines that you had to abide by, hmm where have I been? And I'm sorry, but those things in 28 Days Later are zombies, the'yre in a zombie-like state, and they eat people, they are zombies. I hate it when people get all technical over this zombie shit, it's a damn movie, not a college thesis.

14. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

If this is the case, then in Day of the Dead shouldn't Dr. Logan have become a zombie after being shot to death by Rhodes? He wasn't shot in the head, so his brain was still intact.

15. Zombi 2

Zombi 2 Guest

Logan not coming back was a blunder on Romero's part. He overlooked it. On the Day of the Dead 2-Disc set, it's brought up during the audio interview with Richard Liberty... in the original Night, Helen Cooper comes back, even though she was only stabbed to death. In the Night remake, Ben bleeds to death from being shot, and he becomes a zombie. The recently dead will rise.

"Every dead body that is not exterminated gets up and kills." - The original Dawn of the Dead

In the remake, it's only through bites... so, how did it begin? Where did it begin? It had to start somewhere... and how could it become so widespread overnight? There are no answers.

With Romero's movies, you could never stop the zombies, because people will always continue to die.

By the way, the Infected in 28 Days Later DO NOT eat people. You never see them eat anyone, not once... and they starve to death at the end. They are in a constant state of rage. The only thing on their mind is violence, there is no time to eat.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2004
  16. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

And that concept is SO much more scary on a psychological level than the remake. The mind reels over the implications of the situation at large.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Good point. ;)

18. quatermass

quatermass Guest

I thought the movie was great, but I just didn't get the opening scene with the Strike sign? Anyone got an explaination?

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Strike is one of the companies that made the movie.

20. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

I saw this in a theaters twice and both times, I found it problematic and underwhelming... First, I thought they got to the mall too quickly and I really didn't get the sense of apocalyptic doom that the introduction to the original had. Secondly, once they get to the (mostly empty) mall, the movie just sits there and lingers on characters who weren't all that interesting. I couldn't invest myself in the plight of these people because I couldn't care less if they died. The zombies never really remained a credible threat either... perhaps I was too busy trying to figure out how dead people have the ability to run faster than when they were alive and how their vocal chords can all of a sudden emit piercing mountain-lion roars...

2/5

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2004