Dawn 4-disc specs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Administrator, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

She Bangs..she bangs!

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

The plane should be arriving soon. :lol:

3. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

Dude, you've got issues! lol :banana:

4. Luna

Luna Guest

That's too damn funny.

And this news? Oh my god, I think I'll be freaking out till October. Quadruple dipping and I barely mind! Not too many other movies I'd do that for, that's for sure. I've never seen the Argento cut, but oh, I await it anxiously.

I NEED THIS SET! [​IMG]

5. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

I agree with you Luna, "Dawn" has tapped my wallet twice already and when the new one comes out, that will be 3 times. Very few movies would get away with that.

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I've made money on Dawn. I sold the last dvd as soon as I heard about the new set coming out, and quadroupled my money on Ebay. Of Course I made a "backup" to hold me over until the new set comes out!!

7. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

Wow, this is really a great set. My only complaint is that they put the actors commentary on the euro-cut of the film. I was hopeing it would be on the cannes-cut. Aint a big deal though. I will deff be picking this up.

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I did the same thing and almost quintipled on the "Director's Cut", more than double on the theater/anniversary edition, and still have the old VHS extended and new theater dvd with the cool gold holo-foil to hold me over until the be-all/end-all set gets into my collection. Can't wait to finally see Argento's cut! I'll keep the theater disc just cuz it looks cool.

9. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Yeah I am another one of the lucky souls that actually made money off of Dawn of the Dead. 65 for my Directors Cut, 40 for the Theatrical, + another 45 off of the Day of the Dead original release. What kills me is Sams Club had 2 packs of Day and Dawn Theatrical for 19.99! There were literally dozens of them, I could have bought a car with the profits! Oh the pain!

10. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

The dangers of ebay, I think some people look there first and are willing to spend double or triple the amount when they could go to a local store and buy the movies. Well, that is their loss and I guess we are all lucky that such people exist to help pad our pockets.

11. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

yep, i've made that mistake before and bought something i thought was OOP for $15 shipped then found it was available for $4 on DDD :(

12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami

After it gets in your blood, you realize what you could have had, but hindsight is always 20/20. I passed up a used Director's cut for $10 before I was an Ebay seller. I have a bunch of boxed sets and Criterions to put up in the next few weeks, and I'm going to do a Pawn shop run this weekend. Hopefully I will find some good stuff. Salo where for art thou???

13. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

"Wherefor" means "why".

;)

14. Loomis

Loomis Guest

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Hmm, a lot of the stuff just says coming soon, but I'll be checking this little bastard daily. Thanks for the link.

EDIT: You can see what the discs themselves look like, though, if you click on each individual section.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

And I'm kinda pissed that the extended version wasn't remixed in 5.1. But these are all minor gripes.

17. dapigg

dapigg Member

I made good money on Ebay with Dawn of the Dead, They Live, and the Alien Legacy boxset and probably others. In all cases, I listed them for sale as soon as I found out that they were being re-released. I have sold a lot of stuff on Ebay and I am constantly amazed at what some people will pay. :p ;)

18. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Badass link for the specs, thanks!

As for no 5.1, I could care less. The DTS track on the Theatrical version just released left a lot to be desired. Save the disc space for more video quality or features.

19. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

man, they really need to get the artwork up.

20. h8sh8

h8sh8 Guest

anyone know what version of "Document of the Dead" will be on this?
    The 60min or 84-90min version? - The euro 2-disc D.o.t.D. had the 60min version.
    Not that the behind the scenes of Two Evil Eyes was that interesting anyway, but just wondering - can't find any info on the running time.
    (I'm guessing the Roy Frumkes commentary from the US DVD would have been mentioned in the specs if that was included).