DAWN OF THE DEAD-200 minute PRINT

Discussion in 'General' started by BigDeg187, Jan 14, 2001.

1. landrvr

landrvr Guest

there has never been a 200 minute cut of Dawn of the Dead. no how, no way. i've never seen a boxcover, or spoken to anyone who has one.

the longest version is as follows (this was snagged from the homepageofthedead.com website):

Distributor: GMT Video Production

Format: Video Country: Germany Year: 1995
    Length: 145mins
    Cat. Number: 95-013

Information: This is a bootleg version of Dawn which is now banned in Germany.

This is a complete uncut version of Dawn. It contains not only all the gore and splatter scenes, but also seemingly nearly every dialogue-scene and action-sequence from all the different Dawn versions worldwide. Every little bit, even if it's only a second or so, has been put back into this version. But unfortunately the quality of the different master tapes seems to have been rather bad so the quality of the result offers little more than acceptable quality.

2. BigDeg187

BigDeg187 Guest

Yeah I've heard of your 145 mins German print, I messed up in the original post and called it 156 mins. But there is a 200 min print, it has never been for sell other then bootleg purposes. A couple of guys a few years back from a university decided to make a complete dawn of the dead version for fun. It included every little itty bit of footage from every single print in existence, thats world wide. That include s the Argento version, the U.S version, the German version, the Directors Cut, and then some! Now I can gaurantee you that not all the footage was the same quality, off course the scenes fit together perfectly and the film made sense but these were different prints and masters they it looks kind of odd at some points. It equaled up to 200 mins. My friend has it, and I'm getting a copy, and if any one wants one I can sell you one.

------------------
    Wanna see something really scary? Vistit http://www.SavageCinema.com

3. Se7en

Se7en Guest

Oh certainly, I agree on that point but if the studio is already planning and releases the specs of a product that is "incomplete" to a fan then the fanbase of that product should complain/ask nicely for a more complete version.

Honestly though I want the best for Dawn Of The Dead. Having EVERYTHING on a complete package.

4. landrvr

landrvr Guest

BigDeg187: sounds cool. let me know how much you want for it.

5. BigDeg187

BigDeg187 Guest

6. MovieFan

MovieFan Guest

BigDeg, I'd like a copy too... after you get your copy, of course. [​IMG]

A 200 minute cut of Dawn of the Dead... damn, that's longer than Titanic! [​IMG]

7. Trout

Trout Guest

Do you really think they could do a 200 min. print by combining all the footage? Wouldn't the picture quality vary from scene to scene, plus the music would probably be choppy (seeing as how all the versions had different music scores). It would be worth it either way.

8. dragonmn

dragonmn Guest

Damn, I want a copy of this too!!

9. Vamp

Vamp Guest

BigDeg I want it too, mail me at
    verte-breaker@home.com
    and
    wcwvampirospike@aol.com
    for info please.

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

wow a 200 minute print i have the english 156 minute ultimate cut but i highly doubt a 200 minute print is possible

11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

This thread is 10 years old next month. I've nothing else really to say about this post other than if the 200 minute cut hasn't appeared in all of this time then it's a safe bet that it doesn't exist. At that length I wouldn't even call it a "cut". I'd call it raw footage.

12. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

My god Maybrick, i saw this post and almost fell out of my chair. It took me long enough to get a copy of the extended 156 minute cut. If there is more than that I would have assumed that Romero or Savini would have mentioned it by now.

13. welb25

welb25 Member

the mother of all thread bumps :lol: awesome.

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for an offical dvd release of Needful Things(1993) 3 hour runtime.

I seen it on TNT years ago.

15. springjack

springjack New Member

The 156 minute print I believe but the 200 minute I donĀ“t.
    There is not much available footage in all the versions to compile a 200 minute edit.
    Also, the 156 minute german print has terrible image quality and only has german audio.

I have a fan edit of the 156 minute cut that was made using the Anchor Bay DVDs.
    This is a quality fanedit on DVD-R and presents all the available footage put together.
    http://fanedit.org/406/

16. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I have that version as well. They did a great job in putting it together.

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep that is the same version i have as well

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

156 minutes just seems like too much. The Cannes Cut was already pushing it with the additional 10-15 minutes of footage. 200 minutes is just overkill and would no doubt be an unorganized mess. This thread is entertaining though, especially with the thread starter's insistence that something like this exists.

19. springjack

springjack New Member

People with great taste...:rolleyes:

20. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Thank you. Dawn is my favorite.