Dawn of the Dead DVD Bonus Disc

Discussion in 'General' started by slayerfan, Oct 27, 2004.

1. slayerfan

slayerfan Guest

I was wondering if anyone out there had trouble getting the bonus disc like there was with the Friday the 13th box set. I had to make sure I looked in my Best Buy well for one that had a bonus disc sticker on it and then check inside to make sure it was there. Unbeileveably it was. I also notice alot of people complaining about Best Buy and bonus discs. Now it seems Circuit City has jumped on the bandwagon and is offering a bonus Dawn of the Dead comic book with purchase. Any thoughts?

2. I don't like this shit...

it's one step below the store exclusive releases that Rolling Stones and Elton John have done (which has led to HMV pulling their album for exclusionary practices

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Well, I bought it today at Best Buy and guess what...NO BONUS DISC. A friend of mine bought it last morning right after they opened...NO BONUS DISC. I know damn well they didn't sell 75 (minimum per store) within 30 minutes of opening the store this morning.

Fucking Best Buy. I'm taking it back tomorrow and raising hell.

4. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

or you could pick one up with the sticker that says "bonus disc inside" instead of one without.

5. Katatonia

Duh, they didn't have any out that had ANY sticker on them...that's my entire point!

6. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

i dunno what the deal was with that store, id say 75% of them here had bonus disc stickers.

7. Katatonia

Probably just like the Friday The 13th Boxset with the exlcusive bonus disc...most BB stores didn't even get any in stock, and now it sells for a fortune on ebay.

8. and it's probably a crap disc too

9. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

Yeah, you'd think if Best Buy is going out of their way to include these "bonus" DVDs as incentives, they'd actually, you know, HAVE THEM IN STOCK.

My BB store didn't have any of the F13 boxes with the exclusive DVD in stock, and their Star Trek boxed sets have been spotty as well. When DS9 was coming out, they'd only about 1 in 4 of the boxes actually had the disc.

Seriously, FUCK THIS SHIT. It pisses me off that Best Buy and the studios involved are with-holding special features from the special edition DVDs in order to pull this crap.

10. I made sure to get one with the sticker on it. The disc was inside in a paper sleeve. We're waiting to watch this one on Halloween so I cannot vouch for the exclusive material yet.

11. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Yeah, I agree that this whole "Best Buy exclusive" thing is getting old. Just release the God damn discs and stop playing games! :fire:

How is the bonus disc btw, anything special?

12. marcx

marcx Active Member

I watched some of the bonus disc last night--you're not missing that much--the featurette pretends that they used real ombies to make the film--cute but not essential....

13. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I haven't watched any of mine yet (had to swear to the GF I wouldn't cuz she had shit to do last night). I'd guess about 1/4 of the discs here had the bonus discs. Funny, most in the big display didn't, but ones in the new release section and horror did. Not sure if any will be left since I went early yesterday, but if anyone wants one I could try to snag one on my way to work tomorrow (ore if you PM me within the next few minutes, tonight. Not sure when I'm going today as I haven't heard from bossman).

14. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I didnt see a single copy that didn't have the sticker on it at my BB. As for the bonus disc, it is pretty much worthless. It has a mokumentary about casting real zombies as opposed to actors. It was a decent one time watch but mocumentaries in general seem to have possibly run their course. Then there is a story board featurette and a story board comparison. Nice disc to have, but not that great.

15. Noto

Noto Guest

My Best Buy had 20 in stock of the Widescreen Unrated DVD w/ bonus.
    There were several fullscreen as well.

I just looked up the Jason Forever DVD on eBay, I can't believe it is going for that much. I would have bought more copies.

16. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The Jason Forever disc was just scarce all over, so of course that's gonna get crazy $.
    If anyone is thinking this disc will end up like that they are sadly mistaken. I thought of buying an extra 1 or 2 but passed cuz down the road, this disc will get ya an extra buck or 2 but that's about it.
    Of course being of the collector mentality I am, I had to have it even if I only watch it once. Same with Jason Forever, although I'll probably watch that just to watch it since many can't. Schadenfreude! :D

17. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

The whole thing probably runs 15 minutes or so. Worth it if you're buying it already. I never got a chance to get the Jason Forever disc...

18. tyuun

tyuun New Member

I bought Dawn today and I didn't even know it had a bonus disk. I opened it up and it had one so I guess I just lucked out. By the way I just saw the movie for the first time and I didn't love it.

19. tyuun

tyuun New Member

I bought Dawn today for Best Buy and I didn't even know it had a bonus disk. I opened it up and it had one so I guess I just lucked out. By the way I just saw the movie for the first time and I didn't love it.

20. I think you've repeated yourself