Day Of The Dead: Bloodline

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jan 4, 2018.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

So, they did another remake of Day Of The Dead.

Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium was unwatchably bad, despite being incredibly gory.

I never got around to checking out Steve Miner's Day Of The Dead remake, even though I own it on blu-ray paired with the fun killer dog movie The Breed. From what I've heard, it's not great.

And now we have Day Of The Dead: Bloodline. Can't say I had the most confidence in another take on this... but to my surprise the trailer actually looks pretty good! Love the look of Jonathan Schaech's zombie character. It looks like they're following the original film too.

So, what do we think? After the successful Dawn Of The Dead remake, could this be the Day Of The Dead remake that finally hits the mark?

I believe it hits VOD tomorrow, but if not, expect the blu-ray from LionsGate on February 6th.

fceurich39 likes this.
  2. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Trailer looks half way decent surprisingly. If the gore is mostly practical (what you see in the trailer certainly leads me to believe that is the case) it could be really good. I'll definitely wait to hear word from you guys before I check out though.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Didn't think the trailer looked too bad, maybe 3rd time the charm, will give it a viewing, couldn't be worse than the other 2 they were f'ing awful!

4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

It's produced by the people that gave us Texas Chainsaw 3D, so... probably not?

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Its not great, it's better than the other 2 but that's not saying much, some nice gore, a fantastic animatronic head that's shown unfortunately for a blink and you'll miss it moment, some pretty poor acting, and a ho hum story, I believe it's produced by the people who made the abomination day of the dead 2 contagious, Taurus entertainment. So they've got better, but not much.

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Blairwood Entertainment (formerly Taurus Entertainment) has owned all of the anciliary rights to Day of the Dead since the 1987 merger of merger of United Film Distribution Company and Artists Entertainment Group, so their executives receive production credits on anything and everything related to Day of the Dead, much in the same way the Richard P. Rubinstein does for anything related to Dawn of the Dead.

I don't think they had anywhere near as much influence, creatively, over either of the remakes as they did with Day of the Dead 2: Contagium, though, where their President/CEO and/or current COO were also responsible for directing, writing and editing.

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

It was ok, nothing great. Fast moving zombies like the Dawn of the Dead remake. Lightning fast attacks, stuff like that.

8. sade

sade Active Member

That was bad, I quit watching after 15 mins. SyFy level acting out there.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Comes out on DVD and bluray this Tuesday!

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Overall I thought this was better than the 2008 remake