Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by MorallySound, Mar 25, 2007.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

2. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Yes!

I couldn't get the trailer to load in the above link so I checked YouTube and got this.

I was very intrigued by Night Watch and eagerly look forward to this sequel. I am sure it will be near impenetrable for those who disliked the first--and judging by the trailer (which was admittedly kind of a mess), this one will not win over any dissenting opinions.

I like the ideas and I like the presentation. Cannot wait until these are all packaged in some boxed set.

3. Adam13

Adam13 Guest

i just watched it too (the trailer), and it is all over the place, the film is similar in that aspect as well, lots and lots of quick cust and jump cuts, still overall a kick ass film, but Night Watch was way cooler. I am looking forward to the third one most of all.

4. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Watched this last night. Did I miss something? Where were all the cool subtitles that made the first film such an experience? On the disc I had, I spent several minutes trying out different subtitles to recreate that effect. Nope, just same ol' subtitles, no bleeding, no drifting, just static.

This wasn't anywhere near as fun as the first, with plenty of time taken up by plot plot plot. So much plot, God, why does it have to be so convoluted? I thought this went about 40 minutes too long and contained nowhere near as cool effects as in Night Watch. Where were all the people morphing into animals and all the other crazy crap that made the first a head-scratching good time? Not here. No, here we get a bunch of dimensional quantum leapers spending their time looking for a ski mask and talking about it and talking about it and talking about it. I'm all for my action films having smarts, but this one broke under the weight of its own byzantine story.

There was a really cool car scene, but you can check that out in the trailer.

5. geeare

geeare Guest

hgahahahahaha, that car on the building sceen is absolutely rediculous....I can't wait to see this, lol.

6. Tye

Tye Member

Saw Night Watch for the first time last night and was hoping to have a Russian audio. Guess I'll have to watch it in another language to see the cool subtitles.
    Great movie. Too bad about Day Watch not being near as good.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  7. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Yeah, I read a few reviews of Day Watch and they mentioned the cool subtitles. I don't know what I missed--I played it with Russian audio and English subtitles, but the subtitles were the same ol' same ol'.

I hope someone who's seen this film can tell me what I did wrong. There were two English subtitle suggestions: English For the Hearing Impaired and English. I tried both. :eek2: