Dead and Breakfast

Discussion in 'General' started by Slow, Apr 2, 2004.

1. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

you can get it in r4 if im not mistaken

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

i havent heard anything either, but like you i downloaded and watched it.. i dunno about south america but it's not in Australia

3. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

i was thinking of undead ...my bad

4. Rock

Rock Member

This was filmed right down the road from me at a Victorian mansion in Livermore's wine country...the local paper specified that it's supposed to be getting a theatrical release this year...

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I wish AB or whoever would hurry up and release this. The reviews I've read make it sound right up my alley, and I can never get enough Gina Philips. My computer isn't that great with downloads, so that's out of the question.

6. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

so how was the quality of the d/l?

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Pretty good. The blacks are a bit grey but not much pixalation. Everything is nice and clear excpet for a couple muddy dark shots.
    The whole thing just moves a bit wrong though, like a few frames per second are missing or something. It just doesn't feel natural, a bit jerky. It is only annoying if you let it be (I was loving the movie and not really focusing on it, my GF didn't think it was that great and kept mentioning it). Might be cuz I burned it with nero, but it wouldn't open with TMPge (I think I'm missing a plug-in or something for that as too many files haven't opened with it). It's cool to have as a hold-over and definitly watchable, but makes me want a real dvd even more.

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

that would explain why i didnt notice the same problem BDH, i watched it straight off my pc in the divx format rather than convert it to DVD.. your problem probably lies in the conversion somewhere as you stated

9. bigdaddyhorse

Yeah it looked normal when I pre-viewed it on the comp., it's just nicer to burn a disc and sit on the couch to watch (32" sure beats 17" too). Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the original file was divx. I deleted it though so I'll just wait for a real disc now.

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

yep 32" definitely beats 17", i only watched it through the computer because i have a dvi output to my regular display so it makes no difference to me

11. chrishicks

well if I buy my pc dvd recorder today I should just be able to put it on a dvd and watch it with no conversion what so ever since I have the philips player just for the divx files, correct?

12. bigdaddyhorse

I'm not positive, but it sounds right. Not sure if you need something special to burn a divx file, but if you can burn it as a data file that the Phillips will read you should be set (and if that works, you can put a lot of movies on a single disc :) ).
    I should try that with my Toshiba. Not sure if it reads divx, but it's read almost everything else (except for some avi and mpeg files I wrote in data mode by accident, it wouldn't read those as they are just computer files.)

Either way, as long as you don't convert it you should have a better looking copy than me as the messyness definitly happened when converting it to mpeg2 with Nero burning rom.

13. marcx

marcx Active Member

I ahve the philips and it reads divx fine by jsut burning straight to disc, dvd or cd!

14. chrishicks

I don't think I'm ever going to get this downloaded. I let it run for a few hours yesterday and it has been going straight since around 11:00 this morning. I've been stuck at 7hrs. 56min for the last 3hrs. I am 50% done though.

15. bigdaddyhorse

I just checked around videohelp.com and my Toshiba won't play divx (apparently it won't play dual layer dvd-r's either, but I'll worry about that down the road since I'm not messing with any DL blanks until they are reasonably priced and obtainable). No word on DL dvd+r's yet. Bummer.
    I might have to grab one of them cheap Phillips players if I keep coming across divx files, but right now it would be silly since I only have had 1 or 2. I think I'd be better off getting a new video card with outs to my tv, then I wouldn't have to waste time or $ burning shit to check it out comfortably! :D
    That's the plan!

16. bigdaddyhorse

When I DL'ed it, it was stuck like yours was and looked like it would take forever. I just let it keep running overnight, right around 50% like yours is when I went to bed. It said it had 56 hours or so left. Anyway, I woke up the next day, call it 8-9 hours later and it was done (no telling how long it had been done for)! :) Of a handfull of torrents I've dl'ed (I'm still new to torrents), they all have done better at night when no one is watching the progress or using the computer for anything else. :)

17. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

the download, if it's the same one everyone else got a hold of, looks really soft and blurry to me for some reason. but the movie is still awesome

18. chrishicks

well, I'm finally at 94% complete. I probably could have been done awhile ago but I usually shut down my pc when I go to bed. another 1.5hrs or so to go.

19. chrishicks

woohoo!!! I finally got this d/led.

20. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

when is anchor bay releasing this on dvd?