Dead Silence - August 11, 2015

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, May 19, 2015.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

http://www.amazon.com/Silence-Unrat....com/vb3forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=41

It's been available in other territories since 2010. I have the UK release, but I think that was barebones, so this might be a bit of an upgrade over previous releases.

2. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I own the UK release. With simply the DVD extras ported over, I'll skip it. Glad it's getting a release though!

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I'll pick this up. I haven't seen it since its first week in the theaters.

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Well, I just watched this for the first time since I saw it in the theater. Turns out, I never saw this film at all. I confused it with Stay Alive (2006). While by no means a classic, I'm surprised Stay Alive is not available on blu-ray in any country on the planet.

As far as Dead Silence, aside from being directed by James Wan, the main actor looks just like Cary Elwes (Saw), was scored by Charlie Clouser, featured Donnie Wahlberg (Saw 2), and the dolls obviously are very similar to the Jigsaw doll but what I really couldn't process was Mary Shaw. It finally hit me that she looks just like the Old Woman from the Insidious films. Forgive me if these observations have already been made but like I've said, I just watched this for the first time.