Dead Within (2014)

Discussion in 'General' started by Paff, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I did a search and couldn't find a thread on this movie. But the search words are "too vague", so there might already be one.

If not, I found this to be a pretty interesting update on the (rather stale and formulaic) zombie movie. A couple has barricaded themselves in a remote cabin, fighting off a zombie attack. The man goes on supply runs every day. The difference in this movie is that we only see things from inside the cabin, and much of the story is infighting within the couple, dealing with the lack of adequate food, and the mental deterioration that a situation like this would cause. In other words, if you're looking for a lot of action, and zombie gut-spilling, this is not the movie for you. But if you'd like to see a new twist on an overplayed genre, it's worth a watch.

Also, for those who have seen this, did anyone notice the one "secret knock" that they did not explicitly say? The first was Iron Man, then the second I assumed was Aqualung (he said "Sitting on a park bench"). The third they don't say, and the last was Smoke on the Water. I'm pretty sure the third was
    Sunshine of Your Love

2. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Haven't seen it yet but I'll queue it up!

3. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Hmmm, I'll check it out.

4. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

It is streaming on Netflix.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Watched it this weekend. Forgot to try and decipher the knocks :p
    It was pretty decent. What stood out for me was the score. Really intense atmosphere for a movie that takes place inside a cabin. It's crazy how much better they did this than The Walking Dead can. Also I thought the way they did the zombies was really interesting and menacing. Probably won't revisit, but I'm glad I saw it.