Dead World New Comic Series!

Discussion in 'General' started by killit, Jul 21, 2006.

1. killit

killit Active Member

I just saw one of these at some local shop. Deadworld is my most beloved of childhood comics. I know there's gotta to be some fans on this site, I was wondering if any of you have picked up the new series and if you thought it was any good? I am waiting for them to get them all back in stock at the shop before I start reading. However if they blow, I''d kinda rather know now than shell out the cash.

2. Noto

Noto Guest

Shit! I didn't know there was a new series of this. I remember back then they had the "Not for wussies" cover which was usually much more explicitly gory.

Awesome. I am interested in some reviews too!

3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Old news guys!! I have loved the series since I was a teenager as well! I have the first 4 issues and I'm really enjoying it, though the Walking Dead is a better series by far! I have a lot of the back issues, but have never finished the series. There are 2 volumes of the old series. Something like 40 issues, not including mini-series. The new series has definitely resparked my interest in the old series. I just won 2 graphic novels off Ebay that collect the first 16 issues of the old series, but I still want to get all the monthlies. They are a bit hard to find. Ironically I picked up most of volume 2 in a quarter bin at a comic shop a few years ago. I didn't even know there was a volume 2!! Volume 3 came under the radar as well. I think a friend informed me, but it was hard to find the first issue. I went to about 5 or 6 comic shops to find it. You can probably get them all at www.milehighcomics.com and they are having a good sale right now. As for the old series, here's an option to read them all that just came out:

http://www.eagleonemedia.com/deadworld.htm

I am planing on ordering this soon!

4. Swearboy

Swearboy New Member

I only have one issue of the old Dead World comics so I can't say anything about how good the new series is. But I would like to second that the Walking Dead series is fantastic!
    I've also heard good things about The Abandoned

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Abandoned is very good as well!! I'm a sucker for zombie comics, but the market is now saturated with them. Abandoned is a manga style graphic novel and is very good! Walking Dead is the best of the series right now. I only collect the graphic novels and they are up to #4. A new one should be coming soon if you don't want to collect monthlies! Also there's supposed to be a Deadworld graphic novel on King Zombie released in September. These are the best of the lot. Stay away from most of the other zombie comics, as they are mostly crap!