Deadly Spawn Millennium Edition Blu-ray January 24, 2012

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by 808man, Oct 29, 2011.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I hope that biz does well, I miss places like that from my youth. Best of luck to ya!

2. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I received mine (black...phew!) last week...pretty cool. Sounds great.

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

So, did anybody pick up the VHS re-release? :eek2: Limited to 100... and it probably looks better than the Blu-ray. Bonus DVD included.

I own the Killing Spree VHS/DVD (rare extended workprint!) that SRS released, which was quite nice.

5. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Meh, SRS releases don't really interest me. I have the Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers release, but other than that one, I don't find any of their releases to be that great. The artwork isn't that eye catching, and they are usually priced on the high end. I was going to pull the trigger on Deadly Spawn (and Blood Feast) as it is one of my favorites, but it just doesn't look that "cool".

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Caps-a-holic have posted a belated comparison between the Blu-ray and Synapse DVD: http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=6805&d2=6806

If there was ever a case of the Blu-ray looking worse than the DVD, this would have to be it. It wouldn't surprise me if this was Oliver Krekel's favorite Blu-ray transfer.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yes, I remember well Kentai over on Blu-ray.com giving all sorts of configuration advise. And the producer followed it, hated the grain, and so had them crank the DNR up to 11 and sold it to the masses twice over in that fashion. One of the main reasons I don't pre-order any more.

The first Evil Dead 2 Blu-ray from Anchor Bay is pretty much the same way isn't it? I'd rather watch the THX remastered DVD Anchor Bay first put out than their Blu-ray. I hear the latest Blu-ray from Lionsgate is serviceable but I've been holding off.