Deadpit.com's Halloween treats

Discussion in 'General' started by indiephantom, Oct 30, 2008.

1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Oh man, I don't think I have the patience to make it through that :lol:

3. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Yeah that was the biggest pile of shit I ever watched. I have seen some bad youtube videos before but this one is the worse ever! I killed it at the 2 min mark fucking retarded. I'm so glad our own forum leaders don't make youtube videos. The experience would be very dramatizing. Please Rhett don't make any youtube videos spare us! :joshua:

4. indiephantom

:lol: Not a fan of the Deadpit? Maybe you'd prefer the radio show. I listen every week. Lots of great interviews, and general horror info.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

"And I prefer The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, because they're inbred like us" :lol:. Wow, that was awful! I skipped through bits and pieces and each time I could only last a min. or two. How do they have their own radio show? Honestly now!

6. indiephantom

The YouTube stuff is just a bonus.

You guys need to give their actual show a chance. They have accents because they're from KENTUCKY! That's part of the charm. You're letting your prejudices get in the way. Seriously they've had the best interviews with horror icons I've heard. They celebrate indie horror. And they're funny as hell. Give the actual show a chance. Search for the episodes with George Romero, John Carpenter, Mick Garris, Danny Steinmann, or president of Code Red DVD Bill Norton as a good place to start.

:argue:

Seriously, somebody else chime in here and defend one of the best horror sites on the net. www.deadpit.com

7. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

It has nothing to do (Well maybe a little :lol:) with their accents, they just seem like immature unfunny morons with no intelligence whatsoever! Cool that they celebrate all things horror, doesn't mean they should have their own show.

But hey, if you enjoy them that's cool! Not ragging on you, just commenting on the video you through up for people to check out and giving my harsh opinion on it. I personally think it's a waste of time, and would not recommend anyone waste a half an hour watching it.

8. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

Hell man, I've partied with dudes just like that on tour, lol!!! I think it's cool they get to do their own show and celebrate their love of horror. Plus, any show that kicks of with a motherfucking Misfits song is ALWAYS a welcome thing in my book...seriously, what's not to like?:D

9. indiephantom

Finally, some much needed support for the Pit...if you will. :evil:

10. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I never could get into Deadpit radio due to the fact that I can't get passed the accents. These guys really do put alot of effort into their shows, but the accent ruins it for me.

11. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

I think it adds to the appeal a bit...actually makes for a more entertaining listen I think. A couple of self-proclaimed rednecks sittin around shootin the shit about horror films...awesome! I'd drink a fifth of jack with em' while listening to Pantera with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre playing in the background...but maybe that's just me... :lol:

12. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Regardless of why the accents are there, it's still annoying. Although they may not be, they sound like a bunch of unintelligent idiots.

I appreciate their effort, but that's it.

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah what was with calling the pumpkin "Jigger", and laughing about it for the first 5 mins.? Maybe this stuff is funny to 14 year old rednecks but...

14. indiephantom

regardless of why the accents are there?? :spit: I'm sorry the accents annoy you, dude. As boycrieswolf says, it's part of the charm. Now, I don't even notice it, but it was never distracting for me.

The feeling I'm getting here is a reluctance to honestly give this show a chance because of the accents and the fact that they don't take themselves seriously and like to goof around. Not to get on the soapbox, but plenty of intelligent horror aficianados and filmmakers have shared time with these guys. They ask the right questions and are respectful and serious when they need to be. But they're never politically correct and that fucking great with me! :banana: I don't consider myself an idiot and I recognize enthusiastic horror talk when I hear it.

You're all just malnourished. You need a KFC enema! ;) That's it for me on the topic, but I would never recommended these guys if I didn't think there was serious merit for horror fans...particularly those with a taste for old school '70s and '80s horror.

[/Indie Rant]

15. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Wow what a bunch of uptight horror nerds...

Thanks for the support IndiePhantom I didn't think anybody would post this video here...as I've been on this board longer than everyone bitching and complaining about our totally free video and radio show. At any rate the accents are just that...accents and if you don't like them theres nothing I can do to change that but I can infact let you know that we both are certified Horrorologists from the Kentucky Board of Horror...an accomplishment I'm sure nobody here has :)

Anyway...those who like it thanks and those who don't...go chew on Sonny Landham's dick!

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

:lol:

Yeah, what gives with the hate? I've always loved the radio show and have tuned in a number of times regularly. You guys rule, keep it up. Stressing on the accents is a really superficial thing - I remember doing a short film once, and all the user comments were people who couldn't get past the "Canadian eh!!!!" accent. Lame.

17. I've always loved the show. All the videos CK and UB post on youtube are great too. I really don't understand the problem here regarding the accents, but whatever. Keep up the great work guys!

18. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Classy! :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, there's no other show out there that pulls great guests and puts a lot of effort into talking about horror than Dead Pit, and folks have to give credit where credit is due. But a little criticism never hurt anyone. :)

19. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Has nothing to do with being uptight, you guys just aren't, how do I put it... funny! I enjoy penis and fart jokes as much as the next guy, but you guys went on for the first 5 mins. laughing about nothing. Maybe it was an inside joke to the two of you or something, I don;t know...

But hey you guys have fans, and it's cool you love horror, so all the power to you. I did give it a chance though, and watched almost 10 mins. of it, just didn't get your humour at all, or lack of it.

As for the dick comment, that's just sad.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

This kinda reminds me of that era when really low budget horror flicks starting appearing on VHS in the 80's. If you own a video camera, you can make a movie. :rolleyes: Now that we have YouTube, God save us :D

But hey, as long as you're enjoying what you're doing, and not forcing it down folk's throats then that's just fine.

Happy Halloween Everyone!