Death Note

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Ash28M, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

[​IMG]

Another films I checked out last weekend was "Death Note" It's about a guy who get a hold of a notebook. In this Notebook any person's name he writes down dies. So he decided to use it to kill off criminals that he feels didn't get their justice.

Frequent appearances are made by some odd looking animated monster that the book belonged too, It can be a bit off putting but at the same time is kind of freaky.

I liked this one as well. It was nice mix of horror/fantasy that kept me interested with it's intriguing theme and cat and mouse type story line. Worth a look.

2. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

bringing this thread back from the dead, I just recently watched Death Note 1 and 2, and I really enjoyed both of these films. I would consider this movie more of a thriller than a horror film. it's based off a Japanese Anime of the same title.

3. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

If you guys liked the films you should check out the anime. The english dub is quite well done, and it gets much deeper and in depth with the whole cat&mouse, battle of wits. Its very good. I'm up to episode 17, waiting for the second box set to get released so I can see how it ends..

4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    They are running the anime series on Cartoon Network late night Saturdays.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Despised this movie. I like the idea of the cat-and-mouse, but that CGI thing was horrible. Was it supposed to be scary, or comic relief? I don't know. Either way, it accomplished neither.

6. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

agreed that the cgi was laughable at best, but It didn't really affect the movie for me.