Deep Discount is starting to suck

Discussion in 'General' started by Devo1313, Feb 25, 2007.

1. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Any chance you want to share that money? :lol:

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Nah - you'd only buy crap. :D

Whereas I'm getting the Charlie Chan and Mr. Moto box sets!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

^ I've been tempted to get those, especially Mr. Moto.

Anyways, I placed an order with DD for the BU/Synapse sale and I ordered Shock which I realized already owned. I filled out their e-mail form 'round midnight and asked them to either cancel that one item or the whole order. Just after 3AM I got an e-mail back saying the order hadn't been processed so I'd have to resubmit my request after it was processed.

Next day about 9am I got my process confirmation. Again I filled out the form about 12am, about 2AM I got a response saying they canceled that one item, about 9AM I got an e-mail telling me they shipped the two items in stock. Sounds good to me.

4. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

I ordered a couple of items about a week back and recieved them today in a bubble envelope. There was no damage to any of the DVD cases, covers, or the discs themselves, so I was quite pleased.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Just got another single disc order (Prom Night) the other day. 7 days from ordering, in a box like all the others.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Meanwhile, all of my account information from the last year has been wiped. I went to order something and my address, ordering history, wishlist, and credit card were all what they were a year ago. Not sure what to make of that, but it cant be good.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Same happened to me. Logged on to find my address, credit card info, and delivery address were all wiped. Thankfully, my Wish List remained.

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I have the exact oppisite, all my info is there but my wishlist is empty.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I received an order for two DVD's last week from DD, shipped at the same time and arrived on the same day...and each disc was delivered in a seperate bubble mailer. It looks like it's a tossup of which packaging they'll use.

10. Slow

Slow Guest

Bubble mailer has never hurt my DVDs, I don't see what the issue is.

11. Katatonia

If they're in the "tight" ones that a single DVD will squeeze into, there's usually not much of an issue. But if they ship them in oversized "loose" mailers then they have more room to move around during shipment and get banged up and potentially lodge the discs loose.

12. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

This is also the case with my DVDs. If its that much of an issue, everyone should e-mail them and voice their complaints.

13. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    DVDPLANET: Monsters and Madmen arrived safely in a box. :). I'm still "on hold" ordering any more from either the Planet or the DeepD.

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I got two discs today in the mail, I used free shipping and they came in less than a week and were in a box designed to fit two DVDs.

:shrug:

15. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

DD finaly dropped the pending LOCK on my credit card. I still don't understand how so many DVD's IN STOCK went out of stock the sec I ordered. I also don't appreciate DD slapping a 3 week lock on my credit card. I still am going to lay all the blame on myself. I could have easily ordered my dvds via xploitedcinema.com & just paid a bit more cash. I would have gotten all my stuf within just a few days. Also when placing an order it's best to place small orders like $10 (so I've been told by other forums members). I started out buying $123.85 in DVDs. When DD finaly wiped they're asses clean they only shipped $20 worth in 3 weeks!!!!!!! Sorry folks but FUCK THAT!!! Lucky for me the $100++ hold is finaly gone. Yes it's true I learned my lesson. I am also blown away to hear a few of you giving bubble mailers praise. Maybe it's just me but I don't like creases and damaged cases. Plus where I live it's a very busy area where there is always hundreds of people expecting packages. So there is always a higher chance of my DVD's getting squashed by bigger packages. Anyway it's always nice to hear there is still a lucky few here who still get they're stuff shipped in cardboard boxes. :eek2:

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Anyone get a Playboy catalog recently in the mail after ordering from DD? I can't remember the last time I ordered anything Playboy related, it must have been years. Anyways I got a PB catalog in the mail today, and that seems very strange. I know Deep Discount has a distribution deal with Playboy along with DVD Planet (and Image Entertainment who distributes for Playboy) so they're on the top list of suspects for giving out my information.

17. Katatonia

No, but I did receive a Critic's Choice catalog in one order recently that stated "Thank you for your order" on the front cover...the same parent company of DD and DVDP.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  18. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I got an UNDERGEAR catalog...I wonder...?????

19. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I DID! I am so glad you posted that as I wondered what the hell was going on. There is really no reason for me to be on the Playboy mailing list. Hmm.. If it is them, that's really low.

20. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Did anyone else pre-order the new Kubrick boxset through DD? If so did yours ship yet? Mine hasn't and I'm wondering what the deal is. I bought Alligator, Night of the Demons 2, and Bava Collection 2 with it, but I recieved all of those today. I hope the Kubrick set wasn't pushed back.