DEEP RED Region Free BR 2 Disc Set

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Ghostdude, Oct 23, 2010.

1. deepred

deepred Member

2. springjack

springjack New Member

"It should be noted that there is a noticeable glitch at the 45 minute 27 second mark."

This doesn´t happen in all players.
    It´s been confirmed that all players should have their latest firmware installed for this not to happen.

All PS3 users will not have this glitch.

3. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks. It's a relief as I think I am getting this for my Birthday.

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

my deep red blu arrived today (along with bay of blood and inferno). amazing! it just shipped a week ago!

5. deepred

deepred Member

ugh! i want mine. :cry: i wish the uk had tracking numbers. who did you order from?

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

ordered from amazon.co.uk. no third party sellers, just straight from amazon. i placed the order on the 5th. it shipped on the 7th. maybe yours'll come tomorrow. don't you crazy yanks get mail on saturdays?

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

oh shit, a full week before mine was shipped, and its still not here? i wonder what route it took? i'm guessing that most uk to canada mail arrives in toronto, and from there its a pretty short trip to me. maybe it gets to the states through a major hub thats further away from you?

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

just watched the blu last night. it looks great (at least as far as i can tell on my 32 inch 720p tv...sigh). i watched it with my wife, who actually liked it (although she claims she "knew" it couldn't be "that guy" at the end). i was a little disappointed that the italian track got a 5.1 upgrade, but that the english was in stereo. and that made me wonder - do most people watch it in italian, with subs? i mean it was shot MOS, right? and David Hemmings was clearly speaking english for his lines. So to my mind, english would be the most "correct" way of watching the film. i have no interest in watching other films dubbed, as long as there is an actual correct language, but in the case of a lot of itallian MOS films, it seems acceptable. am i alone in this? how do you guys watch deep red? or other itallian films from that era?

9. deepred

deepred Member

"and David Hemmings was clearly speaking english for his lines. So to my mind, english would be the most "correct" way of watching the film. i have no interest in watching other films dubbed, as long as there is an actual correct language, but in the case of a lot of itallian MOS films, it seems acceptable. am i alone in this? how do you guys watch deep red?"

Most of the Italian films from this time period were filmed without sound and then everything is dubbed in post production. Since the cast was usually mixed with people that spoke different languages, actors often spoke different languages when filming.

I personally have always watched the director's cut of Deep Red in Italian w/ the English subs because I find the English dubb distracting as it goes back and forth between Italian and English. This is because the director's cut was shown in Italy and America had an edited version, thus they never dubbed some scenes in English as they were not in the US release.

Still waiting on my blu-rays ...

10. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

Still waiting on mine from Amazon UK as well. Mine shipped on 12/31 with an estimated delivery of 1/24. I doubt it will show up on Monday, so I will be emailing Amazon UK on Monday.

deepred, what is your estimated arrival time?

11. deepred

deepred Member

My estimated arrival time is 1/24 as well. I hope I get it this week!

12. marcx

marcx Active Member

REceived this and my Battle Royale from diabolik late last week--wathced Deep Red on Friday--DC with italian audi and subtitles--transfer was fantastic, and adio was great--glad I have this!

13. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

Well I didn't receive it today, so I sent an email to Amazon UK. I will keep you posted of the progress.

UPDATE: Amazon responded right away and stated:

I would in this case ask that you kindly wait until Feburary 01, 2011. This is the maximum time that you will be asked to wait, and your parcel may still be delivered before this date.

Amazon.co.uk takes full responsibility should your order not arrive by the date above, please contact us again on the above date by using the following link and we will assist you further.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

A similar thing happened to me when ordering a Critters set from them. As soon as it got to whatever date they had told me to wait up to they didn't hesitate to send another out. So either way you'll get the disc.

15. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Solid transfer, not perfect but looks pretty darn good. English audio track is acceptable if not a tad underwhelming. The Italian track sounds pretty damn good.

Satisfied with this Arrow release, such a good film.

16. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

"Since November 2010, the United States Department of Homeland Security has increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including ships and cargo planes.

This is resulting in an extension to transit times for some items, mainly heavier items, but also Destination Sort bags posted under contract by business customers. We're really sorry for these unavoidable delays and are doing everything we can to keep mail moving out of and into the UK.

We have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers' mail reaches the US as quickly as possible and are continuing to work to minimise disruption to our customers, whilst ensuring we comply fully with the US directives and regulations. "

Delays of 4 to 6 weeks might be the rule from now on."

17. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Wow that fucking sucks. That's bloody ridiculous.

~Matt

18. nateynate87

nateynate87 New Member

Yea that really really sucks, I assumed it would get better after the holidays but it looks like that's not going to happen.....

19. deepred

deepred Member

DVDfan - did you get your Deep Red yet in the mail?? It looks like I will be e-mailing Amazon today as I still have not received mine.

I spoke w/ a friend recently who ordered from Amazon.UK and he said he got his package in about a week. :confused:

I am more unhappy that I didn't get the now sold out Battle Royale from HMV. They are saying I need to make an international call in order to the process the refund. :mad:

20. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

I did not get my Deep Red in the mail today. I just got done emailing Amazon UK. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

UPDATE: Amazon UK, placed a new order for me for Deep Red and it will ship out tomorrow with estimated delivery February 9th-14th.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011