Demon House documentary Zak Bagans (2018)

Discussion in 'General' started by satans-sadists, Jan 18, 2018.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

[​IMG]

2. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

Is this a Documentary or a movie?

3. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

It's a documentary. And if it's anything like the tv show GHOST adventures it'll be a pile of dog dirt ha. I like the poster though...

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

From the above article:

"Let me be clear… This is in NO WAY a spin-off 90-minute episode of “Ghost Adventures,” in which the guys use a number of devices and tons of night vision and/or full-spectrum cameras to tell their stories and collect evidence. Instead, Demon House utilizes the people who were affected by the case to convey just how insanely scary the events surrounding this building actually are."

That should give all of us haters a ray of hope.

satans-sadists likes this.
  6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I had a VOD credit to burn, and even though I never watch Ghost Hunter shows and whatnot, something compelled me to use it on this. Maybe it was a goat-headed demon?

I loved this! I don't exactly buy it as a "documentary", but as a fictional ghost story and just plain entertainment, I had so much fun. I was worried it would be just an extended episode of a ghost hunting show, where they spend a night in a house with night-vision cameras and "oooh" and "ahhh" at every little creak. Instead, this is about a family who flees their home in Gary, Indiana after paranormal events, but instead of spending a night there, the ghost hunter guy BUYS the house and moves in (well, kind of). The movie chronicles the effects the house had on him and those around him.

Even not taken seriously, the movie got under my skin a little. It probably helped that I was watching it home alone late at night with the lights off. After it was over, I had to watch Impractical Jokers for a little while just to shake it off before going to sleep. Watch it under the same conditions and see if it has an effect on you.

I enjoyed it so much, it even inspired me to add Ghost Adventures reruns on Travel Channel to my scheduled DVR recordings. Same guy (Zak Bagans).

Highly recommended to those looking for spooky fun!

satans-sadists likes this.
  7. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'll agree it is an effective little chiller, the scenes in the house ate very creepy, it's definitely worth a watch for all horrordvd users.

8. Colin

Colin Active Member

I didn't hear about this one until about a week or so ago when the trailer pop up. I thought little of it, but Red Letter Media recently did a review of the film that has me a bit more intrigued about watching it. The review itself mostly focuses on the "Ghost Hunting" subgenre rather the the film, but still entertaining none the less.

9. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Watched this on the weekend. I'm not a fan of Bagins or Ghost Hunters but the trailer looked cool and figured I'd give it a shot. Wish I hadn't. Nothing happened. No proof of ANYTHING paranormal is put forward. This played like an extended version if the TV show. It was laughable.

10. CPT HOOK

I set the DVR to pick up all Ghost Adventures re-runs, not realizing Travel Channel airs it pretty much ALL DAY every Friday and Saturday. So I had about 14 of them pop up in my recordings over the course of 2 days.

I watched about six of them so far. I really loved the Demon House documentary, but this show is pretty blah. The first one I watched was actually really creepy. It was on a mansion in Indiana called Fox Hollow Farm. It was previously owned by a serial killer, and the current owners still find bones of his victims in their yard. Pretty freaky stuff!

The story of the serial killer and the creepy history of this gorgeous mansion were riveting, but the actual ghost hunting stuff... not so much. That was pretty much my reaction to all of the episodes so far, love seeing these beautiful old buildings and hearing the history about them, but as soon as they go night vision the show goes into snooze mode. The Viper Room one was pretty interesting too, especially since I've driven by there (as has everyone who has ever gone down the Sunset Strip, lol). In one of them, called "Demons In Seattle", they went to a supposedly haunted suburban house... and literally nothing happened. They tried and tried and tried but nothing. Honestly, they shouldn't have even aired that episode.

I doubt I'll continue with the show, but I will keep an eye out for the episodes on places I've been in person: such as Castillo De San Marcos in St Augustine, Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Ohio State Reformatory (where they filmed Shawshank Redemption), Gettysburg, Jerome AZ, Winchester Mystery House, Old Charleston Jail, Alcatraz, Savannah GA, Queen Mary, Apache Junction, Hollywood, Palace Saloon in Prescott AZ, Cinefamily (The Silent Movie Theater), etc.

Or places I'm just interested in, like the Stanley Hotel, Waverly Hills, Linda Vista (which has apparently been renovated into condos :( ), Villisca Axe Murder House, Lizzie Borden house, Sharon Tate House, etc.

11. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

My experience mirrored yours. Aside from a whole lot of hysteria and unconvincing reenactments, there's nothing there. When primary witnesses refuse to cooperate because they're focused on whoever's offering the most money, credibility is lost right off the bat. There's also no reliable third-party verification of all of the reported medical phenomena. Organ failure? How about confirmation from a credible medical professional? And how exactly are we supposed to react to an eye witness who reports going cross-eyed without even bothering to show it on camera? For me, this was nothing but a depressing tale of fringe members of society living in deplorable conditions. Nothing that occurred is inconsistent with exposure to the types of pollutants you'd find in a house that run-down.

Buechlers_beard and MorallySound like this.
  12. CPT HOOK

Even though I said I was going to stop, I'm still casually watching Ghost Adventures. Anyway, there is a psychic that has been on a few episodes (including the one I just watched on the home of the Black Dahlia murderer) named Patti Negri, and I could have sworn I recognized her from somewhere. It was driving me nuts so I finally remembered to look her up.

Turns out she was in the 1992 SOV killer scarecrow movie Dark Harvest, released on DVD by InterVision. I had just watched it a couple months ago. She's even interviewed on the disc and talks about her work as a psychic.

13. Franco

Franco Weekender

The only Demon House to me is the alternate title for Night of the Demons III.

Buechlers_beard likes this.