Diary Of The Dead

Discussion in 'General' started by Wez4555, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Criswell

Criswell New Member

Finally caught it on Dvd, and i was right and wrong. George is not skilled enough to pull off what he tried to do, but he is such a good Zombie director that he does make this one hell of a scary film. The last scene in the mansion is simply outstanding.

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I wanted to pick this up at Circuit City's 30% off going out of business sale but the lines were too fucking long.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

You mean, *up to* 30% off sale. DIARY is old enough now that it can be had for pretty cheap in most places. Was Circuit City really offering that competitive of a price, even at 30% off?

4. elahrairrah

elahrairrah Guest

I think you can get it off of Walmart's $9 or $13 racks now as well.

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Walmart is still selling it at regular price. CC had a 30% off sign outside the store but I didn't stand in line to actually price the DVD itself. It was just to damn hectic in there.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, most of the going out of business sales at CC are a fucking jip. They increase the price, then take a percentage off.

7. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Even though I have heard nothing but bad about this film I went in with low expectations, hoping that they could at least be met, sadly they were not. Wow, maybe I haven't seen enough bad films, but this is actually one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I didn't love Land of the Dead, but it was enjoyable enough for what it was. This film makes Land feel like it is the greatest zombie film of all time. I actually can't think of one good thing to say about this film as it was horrible in every way. I am extremely easy to please, but I found this film hard to finish. I guess it had a one or two good kills, but that is it. Horrible directing, acting, and script with annoying characters and such a heavy handed message about media and blogging or something, yuck! I just don't know what else to say other then I hated this film and will probably never watch my Blu ray again. Thankfully I only paid $10 for this or else I would be pissed. Hopefully the extras will make it worth while, and I guess its good to have to complete the Romero Dead collection. I think I will stick to Rec, Cloverfield, and Blair Witch for my camera horror films thank you. I just pray that his next film is nothing like this (Which from what I've seen I don't think it is), or else I will stay far away from anything that his name attached to it.

PS Am I the only one that would have killed the camera guy right from the start? He was such an ass, and I hate that his girlfriend giving the voice over tries to defend his actions. He watches as his friends get attacked just so people will know what happened. No offense, but defending your friends and girlfriend is a lot more important then having a video account of what took place.

And the music added was a bad choice to, "I added it to scare you", are you kidding me!? He should have stuck to keeping it low budget with just a camera and the sounds around you like Rec., or not bothered at all. It just made the whole movie come across as a low budget TV movie of the week with an untalented Director.

2/10

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  8. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

i actually enjoyed this. sure its not grade A Romero but if you look passed that, i liked it. i actually liked it better than land of the dead. sure there was some stupid shit in it, but it creeped me out abit. if they where 2 cut some of the dumb dialogue and would of had NO CGI in it....it would of been hella awesome. 8/10

edit: does the blu ray look much better than the dvd?

9. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I haven't seen the DVD and our TV right now is only a 42" 720p, so I can't help you out there. It looked okay I guess, probably not the best disc to show off Blu though. I just got it on Blu as I try to purchase everything on Blu now if possible, especially if it's only $10.

10. Wez4555

where did you get it for $10?

11. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

iNetVideo

They have a bunch of Blu Rays for $10, got the Halloween remake for that price as well. I can't recommend them enough! Got my order in 4 days with no duty, and I live in Canada, which is where I think they ship from. Although what puts some people off is some of their discs are the Canadian versions, so you are risking getting bilingual packaging. For Blu Rays though it's not really a big deal as the French titles are in really really small print, that's it is barely noticeable. They always have sales as well, like free shipping, or 20% off deals.

12. Wez4555

rock on! ill have a look. thanks!

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

After really struggling to get through this the first time and really not enjoying it. I thought I would give it another shot today this time knowing what to expect. I have to say I enjoyed it much more this time around. There was some eye rolling moments but the story was was pretty good the characters didn't seem as annoying this time around and the special affects were really well done. It's definitely 5th on the list when it comes to Romero Zombie films but I think I can be officially taken of the haters club.

14. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Maybe you'll get another chance. Fangoria has a small snipit about his next film, Survival of the Dead. It sounds really lame. Romero hasn't made a decent zombie flick since Dawn.

15. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Yeah it's playing a the Toronto film fest. Here are some pics.

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/films/georgearomerosofthed

16. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

1+ I humbly agree with you 100%! This is hands down the worse movie ever!

17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Doubt that.