DIARY - Oxide Pang

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by ReelFear, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

After the slight disappointment of Re-Cycle, the next film from Oxide Pang is a real mind blower. After an hour of buildup, the twists are revealed and will have your head spinning until the end. I really was surprised how well done this film was. Great camerawork, music, and editing. DIARY felt refreshing after the last few mediocre Asian horror films I've seen. I highly recommend DIARY. 9 out of 10

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--Great camerawork, music, and editing.--

For me, this pretty much sums up why I love the Pang Brothers work. Even if the story is somewhat thin, they are doing some terrific stuff in cinema. They're unique, I reckon, and always a joy to watch.

3. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

That's the only reason I still even WATCH their films. I'm usually ALWAYS disappointed, but my eyes and ears are always happy.

This one sounds good...but so did their last 2 or 3 films, so who knows? Will give it a look when I have a chance :)

4. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

just saw the new Pang Brothers movie THE MESSENGERS, and it's a miss. there's just a few hints of what the Pang's are known for, but overall the film feels like anyone could have made it. (think Fog remake, Pulse remake, or Boogeyman). nothing to get excited about here.