Did Lucio Fulci's Zombie release hurt Blue-underground money wise?

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Nov 19, 2012.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I am just thinking they spent alot of money if Zombie's blu-ray remaster/restoration and limited theatrical release is why 2012 was a poor year for Blue Underground. I was expecting some more big releases in sept/oct but all we got like we got most of 2012 from them was triple feature dvds:( and the single disc rereleases of Zombie and Maniac which oddly enough were Blue-Underground's 2011 and 2010 big fall titles!!!!

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Blue Underground has been relatively quiet of late. There are still some old titles that could use the Blu-ray treatment.

I kinda doubt Zombie hurt them financially though, I would rather think it would have helped them out if nothing else.

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah I was about to mention the Blu-ray.com email. Retailers are not interested in selling 2-disc special editions of movies like Zombie 2. They want cheap fodder so BU revamped everything for that this year. Either way I hope they sold enough to make it all worth while. I'd be bad if Zombie can't even break even in this market.

Bill Lustig always claims to have this huge tidal wave of titles about to burst through and blow our minds but it's always the same shit different pile kinda stuff. Since the transfers on almost everything they release is also questionable at this point I almost want them to throw in the towel. Blue Underground has not crossed over to HD very well at all.

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

In case anyone cares ZOMBIE and MANIAC will be screened at the Carolina Cinema in Durham,N.C. later in the year,dates are up on their website.Both will be in 35mm.

5. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

And...

This is why I still don't do Blu-Ray. (However, I would have re-purchased Deep Red had they done some new extras on it. A-nother 2-disc of Zombie... Why? It's a superficial film anyway, so a strong transfer is good enough as a stand-alone feature. So, I'm plenty happy with my old 2004 disc. However, Deep Red's Region 1's are pretty naked. A 10-minute "25th Anniversary Featurette"? Halloween 4 was treated better than that.)

6. thing

thing Well-Known Member

7. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

If I didn't already own the excellent Arrow steelbook I'd buy this. Looks like a winner from BU though.

buck135 likes this.
  8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Agreed. If it was a UHD disc I would have bought it.

9. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I received notice today that Zombie has shipped. This is my third purchase on blu-ray but after seeing the review that thing posted I know I made the right choice.