Did the Friday remake do Jason proud?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Feb 17, 2009.

?

How was the FRIDAY THE 13TH remake?

1. Awesome. It surpassed all expectations.

16 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Good. A successful relaunch.

53 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Mediocre. Crystal Lake just ain't the same.

47 vote(s)
    33.6%
  4. Dud. Bring on Jason X2!

24 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I agree it makes no sense. It could have been a dream, but if that was the case, the creators should have included some kind of indicator of such. Still, I'm used to illogical things in this series so it didn't really bother me.

I don't think this film is nowhere near as good as the first 2, or even the Final Chapter and Part 6, but I don't think it's shit. It's dumb and stupid, but I like it. I don't go into these films looking for things to make sense. If that was the case then I would have ditched this series after the first film. As long as there is the big guy killing people, drugs, and T&A, I'm satisfied. I guess that's why I even like the much hated films like 8 and JGTH.

It's funny you brought up the TCM remake because exactly what you're saying happened to you with Friday the 13th happened to me with that. Who knows, maybe down the road I will hate the Friday remake, but as it stands right now after viewing it multiple times, I'm chalking it up to individual taste.

2. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

This was the first F13th since The Final Chapter where I wasn't rooting for Jason. As much as I love Jason Lives, The New Blood etc. I was rooting for Jason the entire time and wasn't scared once. The remake made Jason scary again and made me feel sorry for (some) of the victims. I also like some of the different things they did with Jason this time around (you know the rambo like hunter stuff fanboys keep complaining about).

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I actually didn't mind that idea.

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I've watched it a few more times since I first saw it in theatres and to be honest, the last time I couldn't even finish the movie. The sub plot about the sister is killing this movie for me. I mean there's plenty of other things I wasn't crazy about, but I could've gotten over them as long as there's plenty of blood and boobs....but I DON'T NEED SUB PLOT IN A F13 MOVIE!!!! Just have Jason running around the woods, killing people and it's a successful Friday The 13th movie. The whole thing with the sister just drags the action to a stop and is completely unnecessary.

Another thing I noticed about this one is that there are no likable characters in the entire movie. No one that I cared about whether they lived of died. Every other F13 (with the exception of Jason X) flick has had at least one likable character. Sure you want a big body count but you need someone besides Jason to cheer for. Or at least I do.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

This is very true and a major flaw in the movie that bothered me when I saw it at the theatre. It has some good kills and some great boobs- but yet at the end it just felt kinda blah. And this point is pretty much why it rang kinda hollow to me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I liked Padelecki's character. And the guy who played Trent pulled off the rich prick part perfectly if you ask me.

7. Vortex

Vortex Member

I legitamately would like to see a sequel to Jason X. It wouldn't have been any worse than the remake we were subjected to.

8. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

WOW! I can't believe I haven't read this thread until now. I was avoiding it when the movie came out and figured I'd check it out after watching it on DVD but totally forgot about it. Movie? Suckfest. Totally did not capture what I was hoping for in a new Friday movie. But then, none of the sequels captured the feel of the first 2. Cast? Most annoying and unlikable bunch of kids since The Final Chapter. But then, who really remembers any of the secondary characters AFTER The Final Chapter? Rambo Jason? Fucking sucking ridiculous. Derek Mears AS Jason? Excellent. Didn't notice the wifebeater or fat ass as someone mentioned earlier and I didn't care for his funky Shaft-looking leather jacket, but damn, the ONLY thing I liked about this movie was having a LIVE Jason back! So many people are all about Kane Hodder but I'll take Steve Dash, Richard Brooker or Ted White anyday. Hell, even Ari Lehman was fucking scarier than the standing, staring, walking zombie Jasons that came after that littler fucker Feldman ruined everything. So yeah, Derek was great. Just put him in a decent getup, cast him in a decent Friday, get some likeable kids to kill off and I think Nouveau Jason Part 2 could be alright. I doubt it though. But we can always hope.