Do you still love/hate Halloween: Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Hellbilly, May 6, 2003.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Some time has passed ... You've probably seen it more than once on DVD. You've dwelt on it.

So now, after all this time, how do you feel about Halloween: Resurrection?

People were all pretty split when it came out. Some totally in love with it, others hating and dismissing it.

Time changes how you feel about movies though.
    Have your feelings towards H:R changed? If so, what do you think of it now?

As for myself I wasn't too impressed after my first viewing ... but after watching it a third time I now think it wasn't all that bad. Yeah, it kinda grew on me.
    My biggest problem was Busta Rhymes however, but I kinda got used to him - more or less :eek2:
    The opening was awesome but it was sad to see Jamie Lee die.
    A few well done death scenes, a few intense moments ... the ending was predictable but still managed to make my Sis scream :D

Halloween: Resurrection, yay or nay?

2. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

HALLOWEEN:RESURRECTION is the epitome of Nay......

The only scene in the entire film worth recommending was
    the opening with the home movie flashback showing a very young, distant Michael Myers at a family gathering with very dark circles around his eyes in a creepy close-up...
    ..although I'm not even sure if that opening scene made the final theatrical cut.......

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

This one was okay - but yes, Busta stank. and to this day - he STILL stinks. Someone should have had the balls to kick him of the set.

4. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I loved this one when it came out, and I still do! Its the third best in the series after the original and Part 3 if you ask me.

5. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I thought it was just OK. If you ask me, the worst in the series is easily H20.

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Hey - I LIKE H20 quite a bit. Enjoyed it more than Resurrection.

7. Rock

Rock Member

Neither were as bad as Parts 5 & 6...

8. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i haven't watched it since it opened in theaters. I thought it was ok...had some pretty decent deaths, but i don't have any urge to watch it again.

9. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

the only part I didn't really like was H20.

10. satan x

satan x Guest

It's definitely a movie for DVD as oppose to cinemas. Like most slasher films it's a beer and pizza movie, not that there is anything wrong with that, it never tries to be anything else. Personally I like it as I did H20, as already mentioned its a mile better that the shite that was 5 & 6. Although you do have to wonder what was the point after part 2 of making more films when it was quite clear the story had run its course, though I suppose you could say that about any number of films.

11. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

It's not a Halloween movie, to me, without Pleasence.

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I didn't see Resurrection although I really want to. Part 6 was the worst for me, though. My faves are 1 & 2, though. Part 3 wasn't bad and it has a refreshing story for the series although there is no Michael Myers. Part 4 was pretty good, I definitely liked it better than Part 5, which was OK but one of the weakest in the series. H20 was pretty good too, at least better than 5 & 6. Resurrection is the only one I've yet to see, but I think I will be disappointed. And yes, I don't really consider it a Halloween movie without Pleasance... we miss you, old chap! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

13. TATU

TATU Guest

I thought it was great. Busta had some fuuny one-liners, could you imagine Doc Loomis spewing one liners while fighting Mike??? No way, but with Busta it just, well, worked....:)

14. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I thought having Busta Rhymes in the movie was a fucking joke.

15. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Amen to that!
    They should've stopped after part 2.

16. John

John Guest

The extra feature with the webcam footage edited together was worth the DVD to me. I thought it should have been used so much more after seeing that segment. A first person glimpse at a Myers killing? Awesome!!

Busta still ruined the flick for me!

17. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

1, 2, and 6 were the only ones in the series i really liked. And i think the main reason i enjoyed part 8 at all was because the crowd got really into it...and i haven't been in an audience like that before.

18. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I HATE this movie. A lot. It is the only one I don't have in my collection, as it stank in a way even I couldn't appreciate. It wasn't scary, hardly any gore, they killed Jamie, Busta was drunk or something, everyone was annoying and deserved to die, just pure hell.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2003
  19. rhett

rhett Administrator

I've got a lengthy review for this bad boy waiting to be posted, but I will just say that I enjoyed the film very much. I thought the first 15 minutes with JLC were fantastic and some of the best moments of the entire series. And c'mon, Busta wasn't that bad...

I loved the deleted ending where Myers ALMOST got his revenge on Busta for saying that "crispy fried chicken" line. :D

20. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I still dislike the film - the Laurie Strode deal should have went: She falls, the shape goes down to see and she's no-where to be seen (total reversal from the first film). Shape looks out into the distance, roll credits...different film with better story, characters, ect follows. Laurie shows up at the end, defeats shape and rescues last girl. Myers house goes up in flames. Last girl, "Was it...him?" Laurie, "Yes...it was..." Cut to locations from ALL films and the heavy breathing on the soundtrack as Halloween theme plays. Cut to black and roll orange colored credits. No more Michael.