Do you still love/hate Halloween: Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Hellbilly, May 6, 2003.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

This actually sounds cool wago :)

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Dude, he wasn't that bad, he was far, far worse imho. I try to block it all out. :eek1: He would be my nomine for the worst male performance in a horror movie contest.

Now wago's idea could have been interesting, as long as there was NO Busta.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2003
  3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I have to agree with onebyone, this flick was fucking terrible. No way in hell would I pay to see it again. This and H20 would make for a mind-numbingly-awful double feature. Watch it with someone you hate.

4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Here's my H8 WISH ENDING (and film is without Busta, too!!!!):

Fire and Emergency vehicles approach burning house. Laurie and "Final Girl" are facing the flames.
    FG: Was it him?
    LAURIE: Yes...it was him. (certain for once)
    FG: Is he dead - for good?
    Laurie doesn't answer. Camera zooms in on her. Her expression shows certainty but it slightly changes. A dark cloud seems to overcome her.
    FG: IS HE DEAD.
    Laurie doesn't look so sure - she grips axe tighter. Expression turns even more focused. She holds axe as if expecting something from the flames...
    Rising shot of Laurie staring at burning house - axe ready for anything. Shot is like that in first film of Michael being unmasked by his parents.
    Emergency crews rush past Laurie to douse flames. Laurie is prepared for...?
    cut to shots of death locations from ALL films (not 3, though). Heavy breathing on soundtrack. Cut to credits and original theme all the way to end. No hit songs.

Last edited: May 9, 2003
  5. steve_p

steve_p New Member

6. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

You should definitely write screenplays wago [​IMG]

7. stone88

stone88 Guest

I just watched Halloween 8 for the first time a couple of days ago and I have to agree with some of the other posts that Busta Rhymes should have never been cast. He was the one I wanted to get slashed the most and of course he ends up being the big hero.
    I wanted to punch him when he popped off the "trick or treat muthafucka" line...absolutly horrible!!!
    Take him out of the movie and i would have enjoyed it alot more.

8. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

This movie sucked ass but it was entertaining in a totally dumb way in the theatre. No I won't shell out for the dvd. Rap stars and horror films just don't mix. Even Bones had a lot more going for it than this piece of crap insult to the franchise.

9. Latency

Latency Guest

Busta sucked big time and same with what's her face .... that supermodel ..... bah, it don't matter what her name is. Movie would have been good but those two totally rub me the wrong way. They tried to hard to be "cool" and "hip" that it just agrivated me. I hate people that try and be "cool". :fuck:

Other than that, the movie was good. I just wish they would have had some frontal nudity. Like ... c'mon, they had some nice perky young titties they should have used in that movie. Damn guys think we wanna see Busta when all we wanna see is boobies!

:banana: boobies :banana:

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2003
  10. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i still like H8. it's nothing spectacular, but quite entertaining. yeah, it has it's share of flaws (mainly busta), but it's much better than part 5!!!

when i first heard of H8, i was hoping that Michael would have been an imposter, and it had been Laura who went insane and have killed in her brother's name.

11. steve_p

steve_p New Member

12. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Feels like deja vu.

13. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

I'm not a big slasher fan but I keep coming back to the Halloween series because about half the time, I enjoy them.

When I rented Resurrection, I was expecting the worst based on reviews and comments I'd read in various places, but I ended up really enjoying it.

I mean, its no Donnie Darko or Immortal Beloved but for a nice fun movie it works.

I liked it a whole lot better then H20, which I had high expectations for based on various reviews and comments I had read. Plus, it had Jamie Lee returning, but I ended up almost hating it.

The whole thing with the new "age of 17" rule didn't sit right with me and the movie failed to hold my attention.

I don't think I ever saw, or even heard of, Halloween 6. Halloween 5 blew big spicy chunks. But Halloween 4 and below were all good. Or so I think.

14. I liked it. But fuck all the punk ass rap bitches. Fucking up the movies.

15. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

the only thing I didn't like about the movie was Busta or Buster or whatever the hell his name is.:rolleyes:

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I liked this... rented it a couple weeks ago. And I'm sorry, but Busta Rhymes simply wasn't that bad. His character was rather likable (most of the time), and his performance was MUCH better than some others I have seen! :)

17. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    He was bad - terrible. Completely fake and unbelievable. I, myself, don't mind rappers and other singers in films. But Busta wasn't good in the film.

18. Latency

Latency Guest

yep, sorry, Busta was horrible utter shit. hopefully a lesson was learned from this and they won't put rap artists in movies anymore. Wait, too late, Kelly Rowland is in Freddy vs. Jason. Hopefully she dosen't fuck up the most anticipated movie of the year.

19. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I've enjoyed all the Halloween movies.Some were better then others and I did like Resurrection alot although I could have done without Busta.They didn't even kill him which made it even worse LOL

20. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I couldn't sit through this again. H20 is a bit worse I think, but these films just sucked. I enjoyed the first 6 much more, but Myers needs a return to form. I mostly hate the use of things like webcam in horror films. Computers are boring onscreen. Strangeland was sort of cool, though.