Do you still love/hate Halloween: Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Hellbilly, May 6, 2003.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I bought the original theatrical poster of this one just this passed weekend. I actually like the artwork quite a bit.

I've dug this DVD out a couple of times since writing that above. Busta still sucks BIG - but the movie isn't bad. On reflection, while the Jamie Lee Curtis material is great, it just seems odd tacked onto the front of this film. On the one hand I would have hated to have not have seen it, but as good as it is, in the context of this film, it doesn't really work, imo. I reckon it would have been a far better ending to H20.

Anyhoo, I ain't complaining, since Myer is my favorite slasher character. :)

2. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Busta Rhymes was bad, but I think LL Cool J was much worse in H2O. I couldn't stand his "dialogue" with his wife on the phone. It makes me cringe just thinking about it. Then at the end..."don't worry, the bullet just grazed me..." Yeah right. :rolleyes: He should have been DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!

3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    hate hate hate hated it!

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I think the series took a shitty turn at part 5. We all know that Jamie becoming ..eh, "The Shape" would have been a better angle than all the shitty sequels following part 4(except for H20 which was suprisingly great). Unfortunately, the film execs think they need to have the same but different every freakin' time so you never truely get a huge plot twist in these kinds of movies. Like in the TCM remake..
    ..when Leatherface sports the Kemper mask - what a cool fucking idea!!! Too bad it was for only one scene. It would have been cooler if they were ballsy enough to have it that way for the rest of the film but oh well :rolleyes: I still get goose lumps when that part happens

5. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I enjoyed it but Busta Rhymes character should of died, maybe if he's in the next one ( I hope not ) he'll die in it.

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--Busta Rhymes character should of died--

In the opening credits.

7. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

Absolutely wretched film with nothing going for it whatsoever... I used to think that HALLOWEEN H20 was the low-point of the series until I saw this one.

8. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

Some parts i thought were promising and the start was fairly cool, although that mental patient waffling on about serial killers was pretty lame! But just to add to what 90% of us think BUSTA RHYMES was an absolute joke, i can never forgive them for that and god help me if they even THINK about his character making a return!!

Im a big fan of the Halloween series generally, but please leave Busta out...like he could kick Michaels ass....Pffftttt please!

9. JasonFan

JasonFan Guest

I hate halloween: Resurrection Busta was horrible.

10. sacateca

sacateca Guest

i think this is the worst in the series, closely followed by H20. i quite like all of the earlier ones, but 6 is already a bit bad. But the thing wrong with these new ones is that they try to hard to be modern horror movies, following the likes of Scream, that they completely lost the Halloween-feel...

sacateca

11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Yes...I hate it.
    It was unnecessary in the first place but since they just HAD to make it, there were so many missed opportunties.
    What really ruined the picture for me was not only Busta's character but that whole maze-like dungeon under the Myers house. What a crock!
    I would have liked to see Curtis' character disappear - Michael looking down at the ground and not seeing her (a reversal from the first film) and then her reappear at the climax of the film helping the remaining characters out. Does she survive the finale in my version or "go down with Michael in the fire?" What do you think should have happened in my version?
    Oh yeah - a complete casting overhall except I rather like Tyra Banks and would have expanded her character.

12. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

I scratch my head why everybody has to lay into "modern" horror movies. If they were like "classic" movies everybody would say it sucks because they're all the same as the old stuff.

Anyway, Resurection is pretty bad, but I definitely think 6 is the worst. This goes second, and then part 5 really blew!

13. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I think the whole "modern horror movie" thing referes to those films like Scream, I know what you did, Urban Legends, Final Destination, etc.. hunks of turd that are produced by film studios rather than aspiring film-makers.

There are good newer horror films out there, but they are burried under a lot of cheese.

14. sacateca

sacateca Guest

My point exactly. The modern style is cheese, and in the last 5 years a particularly distasteful new style has come out, and any good contemporary horror movie doesn't represent that trend right now; so that's why it's convenient to refer to that bad bunch as "modern". There's nothing wrong with modern per se, but i think mainstream horror movies are much more easily bad now than in some other place in time (if we consider the likes of Halloween being in the same position when they came out as something like Scream now).

But this is ultimately a question of semantics. If the bad movies coming out now were made in classic style, then i wouldn't talk about bad modern-style horror movies, obviously :)

Ahh, the only good modern-style movie i can think of quickly is Blair Witch 2...i liked it a lot.

sacateca

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i think halloween resurrection is far better than h20 more entertaining

16. I myself hate resurrection , did'nt like the actors in it i though they were all stupid also the movie was terrible. I guess Jamie Lee curtis was lucky they killed off her charactor in the bigining , or she might have acted with these lame young actors that can't act .I did'nt mind H20 , i thought it was far better than this piece of crap . I say bring Jamie Lee curtis back for one last battle with her deranged brother , who's with me on this .

17. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

*crickets chirping*

18. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Didn't care for this movie then, don't care for it now. That one chick in there has the worst scream ever. Busta was annoying. The whole web cam thing was dumb. Myers died at the end of part 2 in my book. :)

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Easily the worst Halloween movie in the series. I couldn't stand it the first time I saw it, and I couldn't stand it any more the second time I saw it. I figured I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and see if my initial conclusion of the film was wrong.

20. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

This movie had one of the most predictable endings of any film within the last five years. Not mention that Busta Rhymes can't act. The whole "hip-hop" attitude should never get mixed up in the horror genre.