Do you still love/hate Halloween: Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Hellbilly, May 6, 2003.

1. I've seen worse. I saw it when it came out because my niece wanted to go see it. It wasn't that bad. I picked it up used because I wanted more horror movies in my collection.

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Not my favorite,but not my least favorite either.I despised 5 ,and 6 seemed like a bad paste job,and was a sad fadeout for Donald Pleasance.

3. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

I still think, as compared to H2O, that Resurrection is a cinematic masterpiece, but I think they should go back to the Season of the Witch concept, you know, hire some writers, some good writers.

I'm tired of hip writing too. Hipness is so lame and tired and predictable these days that it's little more then torture. Maybe the next Halloween could be about bad horror movie writers getting eaten by their own words?

I'd pay to see that!

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

5. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

Well, okay, imaginitive writers. You've got to admit, no matter how silly, the idea of stealing stonehenge and grinding it down to make deadly prank masks is imaginative. And better then any of the "ideas" present in H2O or Ressurection. At least, IMO.

I read a comic book once were an Evil Easter Bunny, stages an Easter egg hunt in order to dip children in chocolate bite off their heads to get revenge for all the chocolate bunny heads that get bit off on Easter.

The Halloween people should track down the rights to that story and make Easter: The Night the Easter Bunny Came Home.

6. krugerkid13

krugerkid13 Guest

i liked i but my fav. is still part 6 and then the first one

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--You've got to admit, no matter how silly, the idea of stealing stonehenge and grinding it down to make deadly prank masks is imaginative.--

There's a thin line between "imaginative" and stupid.

8. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

And an even thinner line between madness and genius. I think Halloween III is an act of madness couched in rationalization and for me it works. Although, I felt like you when it first came out and hated it. So, in the intervening years, I suppose I've gone both mad and stupid.

I was watching the Making of Tron last night and I wondered why they didn't do a sequel where the digital world broke out of the computer world and started subsuming the Real World, because that's what actually happened in the intervening years and so there is no real point to going back inside and if they'd have made that movie back in 1982, they'd have been truly visionary.

But then I remembered that David Cronenberg made the movie where the digital world eats the Real World.

If they make another Halloween with Michael Myers, it should take place in a world where Myers is no longer the aberration but the status quo, because that is what has happened since the first Halloween came out. And the big scary monster should be someone who goes around and takes the Michael Myers out of people and says "killing is wrong." 'Cause if anybody says that today, they're accused of being a Moralist and raped and killed. If not worse.

In a world where chaos and murder are a way of life, manners, decorum, and respect for our fellow living beings are the only things that can scare us. Well, that and the prospect that Pauly Shore may revive his career some day.

9. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Working my way through the Halloween box set. This was only my third viewing of Resurrection, but the movie gets worse each time I see it. I only have Rob Zombie's Halloween II left to view, but thinking back to my initial thoughts on that film, I can pretty safely say that Resurrection is the bottom of the Halloween barrel. No suspense, bland characters, and Busta Rhymes out annoying the teenagers from 5 or the trailer trash from Zombie's films as the worst character in the franchise. I don't even really like the Zombie films, but at least the series went up in quality a little bit after this.

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Watched this again since I have it in the Halloween box set as well and still think it's pretty weak and uninteresting. I don't get the hate for Busta Rhymes though; he was the most entertaining part of an otherwise dull film.

11. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Busta is one of the worst things about the film. He's annoying and never funny and him kicking Michael's ass almost made me ram my fist through the TV screen.

12. Zombie Dude

I thought he was pretty funny. Especially when he's having a go a Michael (not knowing it's actually him) and telling him to piss off out the back so can have some fun scaring the teens. That always makes me laugh :lol:

13. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Were you stoned while watching it?

14. Zombie Dude

Sadly no :lol:

15. rift

rift New Member

"Comment in the current Halloween Complete Collection thread or find a 10-year-old thread to bump? I know..."

16. Zombie Dude

This is why we need mods that can delete threads. It'd help the bandwidth of the site too.

17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

When I watch a movie, I search for threads on that individual film to leave comments in. I don't scroll through 81 pages of talk about bonus features, sync issues, and shipping notices to hope to find comments about one movie in a set. I figured posting it here made sense so when others want to see a discussion about Halloween: Resurrection they'd be able to find it.

18. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

There's nothing wrong with bumping old threads. I do it all the time. Why else would we have "tags" and what not in the searches? If you start a new thread, people complain and say do a "search" but if you do a search and start back up an old thread, people still complain. Can't please everyone I suppose! lol IMO, if old threads weren't needed, they would automatically be deleted after a specific amount of time. Since they aren't, they are free game.

19. Zombie Dude

What about most of Ronnie's threads? They are usually just taking up space with questions that could be asked elsewhere. As far as I'm aware they don't get deleted.

20. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

That's a terrible idea. Old threads have valuable info.

This is a pretty quite forum (one the reasons I love it). Some of you guys need to stop with this forum nazi BS. You bitch when people start new threads and you bitch when people bump old ones. How about you stay on topic and leave it to the mods to police how the forum gets used.

I think it was wise to resurrect this thread. That Halloween Blu thread is a cluttered mess of "mine shipped" "did yours ship" "my Halloween 4 has the audio sync problem" ... Not the best place to discuss the films.