Do you watch the end credits?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Aug 29, 2012.

?

Do you watch the end credits?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2012.
  1. I stop before, once the plot is resolved

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I stop once the credits start

9 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. I watch a little in case there are bloopers/extras

25 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. I wait until the cast list passes

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. I watch until the theme song finishes

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. I stick it out 'til the last frame

49 vote(s)
    54.4%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Whenever you go to the theater, you always get a sense of the different kinds of movie watchers by the end credits. Many start leaving the second they sense the film is wrapping up (during Return of the King those people got up and sat back down a good 4 or 5 times :lol:), others stick it out until the lights come up during the start of the credits, others wait for bloopers, extras, that sort of thing, and then there's the dedicated film buffs who wait it out until the last frame. Where do you fall?

2. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I left as soon as the credits started on Wrong Turn, not realizing I had missed a scene that appears after about 15 seconds of credits. That annoyed me so much that now I always make sure to stay till the last frame.

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I picked "I watch a little in case there are bloopers/extras" because well that's what I do.

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

it varies from film to film. but on the whole i usually leave when the credits start to roll. the same goes for watching a film at home, i'll stop it when the credits start. but if i go see something like the avengers, obviously i'm gonna stick arround until i get some extra footage. i tend to leave when the lights go up. if they keep the lights down, its usually an indication that there's more stuff coming up.

i think its sad that some people leave when they think the plot has been resolved. why are you even there? if all you care about is finding out how it ends, why not just read the plot synopsis on wikipedia?

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I watch most until the end: JAWS, Friday the 13th, the first 3 Halloween films, ect.

I hate watching cable when they squish the credits, speed them up and show a teaser of "Everybody Loves Raymond" as the following program.

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

At most I might watch them for a few seconds to see if anything extra comes up but I usually just switch it off when they start to scroll against a black screen. Really wish they only put things like bloopers after the credits...

7. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I always stay to the end. I wish I could say it was out of respect for the people who worked on the film, but it's usually more like, "I bet there's some shit after all this!"

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'll stay til the end unless I already know there is nothing from reviews or whatnot. At home, I'll FF to see if there's anything else there. Drives my girl crazy, she's always yelling "there's nothing there unless it's a superhero or comedy film."

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It depends. If I own the films, I usually watch the end credits.

If I rent the films, I almost always fast forward through them...especially if they are abnormally lengthy.

10. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The older the movie that's when I usually stay until the end. I pretty much ff through them on newer releases.

11. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

In the theater I stay till the credits are finished. At home I generally scan through the credits to see if there is anything extra. Most of the time in the theater there are only a few people left by the time the credits end.

12. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I always sit and watch to the very end. Even if I have to pee.

13. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

For me, it solely depends on the music. It's one of the few chances you get to hear the score isolated from the dialogue and sound effects. So, if the score was good, I'll stick through them. If the start cranking out the non-related pop/rap/metal music of some recent teen-wonder, then I am outta there.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If I'm with friends, I'll leave when they do. But if I'm solo, I'll stay to the very end. When I was taking film classes, the teacher was adamant about the class staying through the end credits. She would say "If your name was up there, you'd want people to stay." I guess the habit stuck. I do the same thing at home too.

15. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

I too leave with friends, unless we're in awe b/c of the movie (or in shock). Like when I saw The Dark Knight Rises, I was in awe, as were my friends, and we waited until the very last frame. Example when we're in shock, was after we saw the first Paranormal Activity.
    But I've always enjoyed staying and reading through the credits, listening to the music over the credits, etc. I always love it when there's something special after the credits.

16. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

Last frame, In case there's an extra scene or something funny. But I find myself alone all the time, usually people leave the theater at the very start of the credits.

17. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

I always watch till the very end, this has been a habit since the VHS boom for me.

18. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Me too! You never know when extra scene is going to play. ;)

19. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I usually stay unless I really didn't like the film.Otherwise I ride it out in case there is a tag scene.I'm also something of a film score buff and like to listen to the music.

20. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

The movie isn't over until the tail leader is past the gate and the lamp house is turned off. Or I guess now in today's words "After the hidden scene after the credits" is over, since too many movies are resorting to that these days...

I firmly believe in staying until the lights come up to pay my respects to those who worked on the film, regardless of how shitty it was. If it was a good film, you're honouring the job well done - it's like a wedding reception in a way. And if the film was bad, well then it's the wake. But you're still paying your respect.

Plus I have friends who work in the industry all over the world, and I enjoy seeing familiar names pop up from time to time. And of course listening to the score, or if they go with some shitty band or rap song for no apparent reason.

All the above aside, it's simply: The movie isn't over until it's over.