Dorado Films Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Angelman, Nov 29, 2016.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Seems like every Dorado release is experiencing delays. I pre-ordered the Larraz double feature back in April & the Franco Forgotten Films Volume 2 in June. I've purchased a number of their titles & appreciate that they are releasing some more obscure films - but between all of the ongoing delays, the inability to improve the quality of their Blu-rays, & the high prices - Dorado can be a frustrating label to support as a collector.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I have the same timeline as you. It seems that if you want obscure titles you have to wait. It's been nearly a year since the Indiegogo campaign for Lady Frankenstein and Death Laid an Egg. Even Arrow's The Thing I pre-ordered on July 14th. It may not be late but that still means some four months from time of order to getting the movie in my hand. Like me, it seems that you order enough titles to hold you over while waiting for the delayed items.

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

It's true. I do purchase enough titles to hold me over which sometimes amounts to a backlog. Also a valid point that more obscure catalog titles can require additional time for restoration & making it presentable, not to mention some challenges in getting the participation of cast or crew to talk about older films on supplemental features. I am not giving up on Dorado. To clarify - I would just like to see them do better. They are newer to the Blu-ray market, but improvements can be made in different areas.

4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

More delays...

https://www.facebook.com/DoradoFilms/posts/10156041461585809

5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Another Larraz update:

6. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i have the Larraz double bill ordered too

personally i can stomach the wait, but i've heard from other releases they have done that the quality isn't the same as what Arrow/Vinegar Syndrome/... do and in some cases reports of discs not being read properly from time to time

i hope that this release will be of high quality and robust technical make because otherwise it will immediately be the final time i order from them, enough companies out there who are at the top of their game