Dracula 3000

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by Michael, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Michael

Michael Guest

Direct-to-video DRACULA 3000 is an absolute mess. I am sure that all of you knew this already but just in case there was any doubt, don't bother.

Coolio gives an embarrassing performance while Casper Van Dien and Erika (Playboy) Eleniak phone their's in for the paycheck. Udo Kier takes on a "shot in one day / on one set / as long as I don't need to get out of the chair" sort of cameo through a captain's log gimmick.

The use of Dracula is just silly as is the Van Helsing connection. And the introduction of Transylvanian lore into space travel ("we're heading to the Carpathian System") makes one groan.

Production value is okay (at least not lower than would be expected).

Extras on the DVD are non-existent. PLAY and SCENE SELECTION are the only two options on the menu.

DRACULA 3000 is a film that make you ask yourself "why do I bother?". Of course, until the next piece of schlock comes along that I just have to watch...

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

This movie sucked, sucked, and sucked. Why did I even rent it? Erika Eleniak. She couldn't even save this pile of shit though.

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Thanks for the warning!
    I saw zillion of copies at the store. Why do they fill up the racks with such crappy dreck?

4. drown021

drown021 Guest

I almost rented this one also,there was a ton of copies on the shelf.I put it back to get the Helter Skelter remake.Looks like I made a good choice.
    I was gonna pick this one up next time,but now I think I will pass.