DRESSED TO KILL-a review by Ryan Burgos

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by r_burgos2003, Aug 8, 2003.

1. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Meet Bobbi. She's just the kind of woman who can get insanely jealous at the flick of a switch. And then she'll turn deadly. She's one of therapist Dr Elliot's clients. Meet Liz Blake. She has clients of her own. She's a hooker and a key witness to the murder of one of Elliot's clients. A mother and a woman who likes to sleep around. The son of the murdered woman and Liz team up to hunt for the killer Bobbi and put a stop to all the madness and confusion...that is if they know who they're really dealing with...

I really really liked DTK....it had something more. It feels like atmospere but most likely it's because of the story line. It may feel like a nasty rip-off od PSYCHO but in fact, it's much more. You see, in PSYCHO there is the whole backstory told at the end. But in DTK the story is told little by little until the last scene...

RECCOMENDED TO FANS OF:
    Psycho (1960)
    The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
    Basic Instinct (1992)

CAST
    Michael Caine .....Doctor Robert Elliott
    Angie Dickinson ..Kate Miller
    Nancy Allen .........Liz Blake
    Keith Gordon ......Peter Miller

THE MOVIE: 4/4

THE PICTURE QUALITY: 10/10 Fantastic! 2.35:1 Anamorphic widescreen is just how I like it. With little grain.

THE AUDIO QUALITY: 10/10 Here we have an option of either 5.1 surround or 2.0 mono. I perfer the 5.1 and so will you. There is a French language track presented in 2.0 mono.

THE SPECIAL FEATURES: Unrated version option (a minute or so longer than the theratical version), SEVERAL featurettes, a fantastic documentary, "Unrated Vs. R-Rated Vs. TV Rated comparison featurette, menu-based ad-gallery, booklet, trailer and another gallery (animated)

SUBTITLES: French and Spanish

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

This is one of my top ten favs and the dvd is excellent. I'm glad you enjoyed it too. Brian De Palma has made some great thrillers even though some say he rips off Alfred Hitchcock.

3. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

thanks! :D I wish everyone could sit down and watch it

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This is also one of my all-time favorites. I love the DVD, I can't praise it enough... one of the most prized in my collection. :)

I think Angie Dickenson, Nancy Allen, and Michael Caine are perfect for the roles they play. And, surprisingly, Dennis Franz's character isn't as sleazy as most of his other ones. :D A lot of superb acting in this one, IMO.

Nice review. :cool:

5. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

6. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Here's a Smiley-pimp for you! [​IMG]