Dude Bro Party Massacre III

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Angelman, May 21, 2015.

1. Natas

Natas Theres no such thing as the boogyman

You're gonna want to watch it in it's grainy VHS glory, anyways, bro!!!!! :D

"You're watching that friggin movie, again!?!?!?!" ~my wife as she walked in the door yesterday from work. LOL

"Why yes.......yes I am. Mind grabbing me another pop out the fridge? Atttta girl. Looooooooooove you. Now watch this guy cry about his hairy little dog dick with me"

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Surprisingly it's a genuine pressed BD-50 disc (not a BD-R) using 45.9gb of the disc space...so it is packed.

A BDInfo scan shows all AVC encodes on everything, and the audio tracks are all lossless and/or uncompressed. So judging by the technical merits, it seems like a very solid Blu-ray presentation.

I plan on finally watching the movie in just a bit... :eek:

Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Well, I really enjoyed the movie. The comedy is often over-the-top in its delivery, but it works perfectly. Excellent blind buy!

And the cameo appearances: Larry King, Nina Hartley, Patton Oswalt — classic!

The "VHS" presentation probably helps the film greatly... I re-watched the "Restored HD" version on the Blu-ray (which looks excellent I might add!) afterwards and the retro effect isn't quite as effective there in its full 1080p glory.

The Deleted Scenes are definitely fun to watch, including the 2 Alternate Endings. The 4-part documentary (in full 1080p) is quite enlightening also. I haven't yet had a chance to listen to the audio commentary for the main film, but it's next on the list.

Damn this movie had a friggin' ton of Kickstarter supporters originally, literally thousands are listed in the end credits. The budget was apparently just a little over $200,000. How is it that we never heard of this before recently here?!? :eek:

Steel76, Natas and Zombie Dude like this.
  4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Oh I'd heard about it quite a while back. I think I saw some posts about it on Bloody Disgusting but assumed it'd be ultra cheep trash that was trying to jump on the now over done faux grindhouse bandwagon. It definitely surprised me though.

Steel76 and Katatonia like this.
  5. Natas

Katatonia, pumped you really liked it man!!! Very glad to hear. Watched it this afternoon for like the 4th-5th time......movie is fucking awesome on so many levels. The beef box, man.......cannot get over the beef box.

Steel76 and Katatonia like this.
  6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I was just watching the alternate endings, and they were hilarious :D

7. Natas

Samantha...........what the FUCK?!

8. foller

foller Active Member

I don't get their webpage. Can someone show me how to buy the Blu Ray? I can only find the "Botherian Collection" for 12.99 on the page but that does not seem to be the Blu Ray.

9. Natas

10. foller

foller Active Member

Thanks a lot! :)

11. Natas

I was cleaning out some old emails and realized I still have a digital copy of this. If anyone is interested in watching the funniest movie you'll see all year.... feel free to PM me with your email address and I'll gladly forward along.

MorallySound likes this.
  12. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

PM'd.

13. kyouki

kyouki New Member

They finally got the bluray back in stock so I took the plunge. That shipping though... almost as much as the bluray cost. :(

Well, I had a couple hours to spare yesterday and decided to watch the VHS quality download you get when you buy the disc. Really enjoyed it, but could have done without the more "meta" stuff that really went nowhere... they really did a great job with the parts that just straight up spoofed slashers, and the movie would have been stronger if they cut out some of the more ridiculous stuff. I did like the off the wall ending though. :)

I wouldn't say that the movie is laugh out loud hilarious... it's more amusing than anything. It got a few chuckles from me, but one scene in particular...
    when Sizzler is killed and Motherface flushes his intestines down the toilet
    ...had me and my wife literally on the floor crying we were laughing so hard (literally, I was watching the movie on my computer while sitting on a bean bag chair on the floor).

A lot of fun, but I think most people would be served perfectly well with just the digital download. I really want this on shelf, so I don't regret ordering the blu ray though.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Zombie Dude and Natas like this.
  14. Natas

Probably my favorite movie I saw all last year. Endless fun. It's been months since I've watched, I do believe a projector viewing is appropriate soon.

kyouki and Angelman like this.
  15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Now on Amazon Prime streaming.

Workshed likes this.