DVD's you missed out on that are now out of print.

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash28M, Feb 27, 2007.

1. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Clownhouse

2. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

What are you talking about? Both are available brand new for under 10 bucks at Amazon.

4. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I picked up the Repo Man tin at work. Pretty good find.

5. Fulci's The Beyond comes to mind. I kept putting it off for so long since I kept seeing so many on the shelves (in fact just before it went out of print I saw at least 30 copies at Best Buy). Then when I went to finally buy it, it was gone. :( I'm still looking for it.

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I recall a local Best Buy selling a shit load of Beyond tins back in the day for $15. They couldn't give'em away it seemed. Same way with the Wicker Man boxset.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  7. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Still just Disney's Beauty and the Beast. They must release it again, though. They just MUST!

8. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I came across MINT RawHead REX DVD at a local video store. I rented it and man oh man the movie sucked hard. I could have easily bought it from the store I rented it for like $15 but I was like screw this movie. I don't care how RARE something is. I only spend my money on stuff I like. Plus now ebay sucks so theres no point in buying to resell anymore. Just my 2 cents.

9. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I got my signed copy of IDYB on Ebay for $15 shipped. I got it from some guy with "pawn" in his name. This was back when it was hard to come by even in the Fangoria regular release. It popped up on Ebay and I immediately bought it. A few days later, I realized it could be the numbered version and of course, it was.

I also got The Bikini Carwash Company for $9 shipped about 6 months back.

10. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

The short story in Books of Blood was awesome. The movie is a bad joke. I almost picked the DVD up once just because it was "rare" but realized I didn't ever need to watch it again and passed. Gas. Excuse me.

11. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I seem to remember posting something about this already... But what the heck:

Rabid Grannies (Troma)
    Chopper Chicks in Zombietown (Troma)
    There's Nothing Out There (Image)
    Possession (Anchor Bay)
    Schlock (Anchor Bay)
    The 4th Man (Anchor Bay)

12. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i had a copy of the tool-salival dvd/cd box set that i bought way back when it was in circulation before lateralus was released. two years ago while my girlfriend and i were moving in together a bunch of my dvds got stolen. i managed to find most of them at a local pawnshop but not that one. and now its going for over 150 on ebay. fuck. i also lost my numbered army of darkness directors cut, my elite re-animator millenium edition (thank you anchor bay for releasing a carbon copy), a vhs copy of nine inch nails first video compilation "closure" which has been oop for about a decade, an autographed vhs copy of mike mendez's "the convent" that i won from dreadcentral way back when it was creaturecorner and that movie was unable to find distribution. i could have picked up the dvd for 10 bucks after it was finally released, but it wouldn't have been the same as that bootleg video. the whole experience really sucked.

14. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

i missed out on the Silent Night, Deadly Night Parts 1/2 set
    i love the first film, the second film is lackluster, but still cool to own. yeah i missed out...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  15. Cardiac Tom

Cardiac Tom Guest

I regret not picking up the original Grindhouse Release of I Drink Your Blood...the numbered and autographed one...

16. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I regret not picking up one of the Hammer series from Anchor Bay called Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde.

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I doubt I'm telling you something you know already but that set is everywhere now.(a year later) I guess they reissued it?

18. elahrairrah

elahrairrah Guest

Pretty sure Disney'll be releasing that on DVD and Blu-ray sometime in 2011 to coincide with the 20th Anniversary of the film. Though I must say that if you or anyone else has a Laserdisc player and is a fan of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, you owe it to yourself to get the LD of the movie as well. The LD is the original theatrical version from 1991, while the DVD is the digitally retouched version shown in theatres in 2000. The differences are well worth checking out: different colors in many scenes, aspect ratios (LD is 1.66:1, DVD is 1.85:1 which crops the top and bottom of the image), etc.

As for out of print that I missed out on: Albert Pyun's The Sword and the Sorcerer comes to mind. Maybe it'll be re-released since a sort-of-sequel is being made!

I did get a Region 4 disc of the movie, but I'm not sure if it's the same cut as the Region 1 Anchor Bay set.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  19. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Are the 3 girls he busts in on topless or wearing lingerie? They're naked on the AB disc, although the clothed on the back picture (the clothed scene is somewhere else on the disc too. Can't recall if it's in one of the trailers or an easter egg).
    Fun flick I need to re-visit soon.

20. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

The Ilsa Series, Posession, The Mutilator, and there's some more, but I cant remember them...