EASTER BUNNY BLOODBATH - Limited Edition VHS coming MARCH 5 2012!

Discussion in 'General' started by RickMoe, Feb 23, 2012.

1. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Just in time for Easter, my first feature film EASTER BUNNY BLOODBATH is releasing direct to VHS in a Limited Edition!

EASTER BUNNY BLOODBATH
    Coming to VHS MARCH 5, 2012

[​IMG]

"In 1967, Peter McKay watched as his father decapitated his sister on Easter morning. Peter never celebrated the holiday again... until now - today - in 1987. In an isolated cabin deep in the woods, Peter and his five friends will fall prey to a killer with a bloody ax to grind. A killer dressed as the Easter Bunny.

I wrote, produced and directed this film back in 2010, purposely making it in the SHOT ON VIDEO style of such 1980's classicks as Boardinghouse, Sledgehammer and Blood Lake. Several of the actors have hit it big in other roles, such as Travis Turner - star of Marley & Me: The Puppy Years. It was an Official Selection at the 2011 Motor City Nightmares "Weekend of Horror" Film Festival and also had a local screening in Vancouver, Canada. It pleases me greatly to know that we're personally offering a Limited Edition VHS of the film to fans of SHOT ON VIDEO horror - of which only 100 COPIES will be available!

EASTER BUNNY BLOODBATH - VHS RELEASE TRAILER
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRuYol66gwA

I post this here because I know there are others like me who love the awesome fromage that is SHOT ON VIDEO... films like 555, Blood Cult, Splatter Farm and Cannibal Campout. I'm currently in pre-production on my 3rd and 4th feature films (more on these coming soon!)

AVAILABLE MARCH 5, 2012 on EBAY

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1753750/

Thanks for reading, fellas!

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Congrats and double congrats for helping reviving VHS!

3. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

:lol: Love the concept. Good luck!

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Niiiice!

5. Spit

Spit Active Member

No joke! There will always be a special place in my heart for VHS.

Mad props to RickMoe for keeping the VHS dream alive.

6. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the interest! We're getting the tapes out in "hard 'easter bunny' white" cases too!

They'll be up for sale in waves on Ebay MARCH 5th.
    "Buy It Now" at a cheap price with low shipping... can't wait!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  7. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

I'm hopeful this one will capture the '80s vibe more than the recent disappointment of The Sleeper. I'm not looking for high art, I'm looking for fun!

8. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

9. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Nice, just bought one and will send payment when I get home! Forgot all about this and 1/2 expected to see a post about how they sold out in an hour when I clicked the thread.

10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I'll give'r a go.

11. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

*** NOW AVAILABLE FROM BRIARWOOD ENTERTAINMENT ***

The all-new DEFINITIVE release of the shot-on-video slasher "EASTER BUNNY BLOODBATH" is available in an exclusive LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION VHS!

[​IMG]

AVAILABLE NOW!
    http://briarwood.storenvy.com/collections/75683-all-products/products/6529972-easter-bunny-bloodbath-lunchmeat-briarwood-clamshell-edition

In conjunction with Lunchmeat VHS Fanzine, Briarwood Entertainment proudly presents "EASTER BUNNY BLOODBATH" in a NEVER-BEFORE-RELEASED version containing new scenes and a different ending from the previous video release. This is the DEFINITIVE EDITION complete with a LIVE RAP SONG by "Some Assembly Required" star TRAVIS TURNER!

The film comes in a large-black collector's clamshell - complete with Easter grass and eggs in the package. The cassettes themselves are uniquely colored in 1 of 5 holiday themes. Special Features include an EGGS-CLUSIVE "Making Of" Interview with director Richard Mogg, an additional Short Film thriller, Trailers and the Definitive Version of the full-length Feature Film!

ADD TO YOUR EASTER BASKET TODAY!
    http://briarwood.storenvy.com/collections/75683-all-products/products/6529972-easter-bunny-bloodbath-lunchmeat-briarwood-clamshell-edition

- Extremely Limited Quantities -

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  12. Werewolf Vixen

Werewolf Vixen New Member

Great job in getting your movie done! I'm hoping to get my own feature length slasher film made one day.

How did you make the movie(how long did it take to film?) and what did it cost?

13. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Thanks Werewolf!

I talk a lot about the how-to details in the "Making Of", but basically the film was done in 7 days back in 2010. It was my first feature length, which I've since done 4 now (starting a 5th this fall). I learned all my mistakes on this one - which was invaluable. The budget was $3700 but most of that went to the cabin we all stayed and shot in, food for everyone and 2 cars we rented. I own my own equipment, so that wasn't a major factor. In all honesty though, I've since shot feature lengths for under $1000 (and even one under $100!) so it can be done. Just know what's really a necessary expense (in other words, I might not put the entire cast/crew up in a cabin for 7 days and be forced to feed them breakfast/lunch/dinner again haha!)

14. Werewolf Vixen

Werewolf Vixen New Member

You're welcome!

Thanks for the info! :) That's really cool. I know what you mean about finding the necessary expenses to make the most of what you have. That's one issue I may run into with my movie idea. Since it would involve a camp ground with cabins setting, and I know that would be quite expensive to rent. And then feeding the cast, uh oh,lol.

I'm working on the script though and will keep that setting. Since I want to make an old school campfire tale slasher film, but with some twisted twists. I may try Kickstarter or something to raise some funds if possible. But waiting for the script to be complete is probably a good idea before attempting that?

15. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Hey Team, how can I make a new thread post? It used to be easy...

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Click the "New Thread" button, which is just above the listing of all the threads in the forum (or sub-forum) you are trying to post it in. It looks more like a graphic than a button.

17. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Fantastic man, thanks!