Eaten Alive / Cannibal Ferox / Cannibal Holocaust

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by thrashard76, Oct 17, 2001.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

We want GORE from Sam

Its about time for Sam Raimi to do another gore movie. Evil Dead 4 would be nice...VERY NICE! :D

Sam should do something more horror based now since he hasn't done one in a while. With his name being bigger now with big budget movies, doing a horror film now seems to be the best timing.

Bruce Campbell is on the tv a lot nowadays in past reruns of his series shows. His name is getting bigger too.

Lets see...1+1=Evil Dead 4!

I hope they decide to do ED 4 or at least some horror based movie together soon.

2. Well, not that I care too much for myself (see previous posts in this thread), but I guess I ought to ask for the sake of other folk... Is the Grindhouse disc going to be 16x9 enhanced?
    For that matter, any idea of what's gonna be on the I Drink Your Blood disc (I also caught Grindhouse's remastered print of this one - yeah, baby!)?
    :cool:

3. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Thanks Werner. Yeah, if anyone has Grindhouse's ear you might want to suggest the DVD be anamorphic. Even if you don't have a 16x9 TV or aren't planning anytime soon just keep in mind that in the US when HDTV becomes standard that will be the ratio TV will be broadcast. Even some 4x3 TVs have a 16x9 sqeeze mode which takes advantage of the higher picture information in 16x9 video. Since the presentation is the most important to me I'd rather have the 16x9 than the extras.

4. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

i assume both will be animorphic.

As for I Drink Your Blood's xtras: there will be 4 previously unseen sequences and an alternate ending, a commentary track with director David Durston and actor Bhaskar, trailers, stills galleries, interviews, etc.

I forgot to add that they will be another Necrophagia video on Cannibal Holocaust.

Werner - glad you got to see it on the big screen, what a blast. And the DVD isn't coming from the print Exhumed screened (which looked nice, but kinda pink), it was just a cleaned up print from the Grindhouse vaults.

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Grindhouse Distribution

AB distributed The Beyond, who will distribute the new Grindhouse DVD's? Do Grindhouse distribute their own disks too? Will there be LE versions of the new DVD movies like in the case of The Beyond?

6. Pretty In Pink

Bruce... Yeah, it was pretty pink. :)

Thrash... Well, Grindhouse put out Cannibal Ferox by themselves, and their older laserdisc releases (at least, I'm pretty sure they did).

7. mazzariniuk

mazzariniuk Guest

were responsible for the Grindhouse release, or so they say on their website. Here is hoping they also release the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST DVD, atleast it will be the one and only version. Image rock, by far my favourite distributor at the moment, I have lost alot of faith in AB, what with AOD and now DJANGO being re-released.

8. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    Cannibal Ferox is most enjoyable because it knows it's a bad film and exploits that. You'll laugh at some of the scenes.

Holocaust, is too fucked up for me. Don't know why it even existed.

check out th dvd maniac site. it reviews some (all?) of these said movies.

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews

9. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Grindhouse worked a deal with Image for the Cannibal Ferox disc, but odds are they'll end up doing Cannibal Holocaust themselves. Certain employees at Image had problems with the "content" of Ferox, so odds are they wouldn't be willing to distribute a pic that wallows in depravity even more.

Image aren't exactly heroes either - they've shown basic indifference to the majority of their genre releases.

10. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

You hit the nail on the head there Bruce. Image's EuroShock Collection basically is hit or miss, with many, many misses. Image is taking advantage of us by releasing inconsistent releases and knowing we might bitch but will end up buying their releases based on the fact that they are the only company that is going to release the respective films. They basically have us by the balls, which angers me. Image could have done so much more with their EuroShock line but haven't chosen to spend much money or time on them.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Yeah, how come nobody ever calls them on this? People bitch and moan about every minor problem with Anchor Bay's discs (and most of them are just that), but when Image does an abominable job on a masterpiece like ZEDER there's almost zero outcry.

12. Zeder sucked ass (I mean the DVD release, not the film itself), but at least when you put your shoddy edition in your DVD player, it plays from start to finish unlike Opera and Heathers (the second of which, I reiterate, hsa not been recalled).
    But you're absolutely right. Image needs to be called on it when they drop the ball, too.

13. davros

davros Member

is the c.ferrox grindhouse edition still available?

14. CF

sure; you can get it at Amazon and all those other type places...

15. davros

davros Member

thanks werner. since I am from germany amazon might not be a good idea. MTDS is banned over here and sure would get confiscated by our customs...

but amazon is not the only way to get a hold of things ;)

anyway, thanks for the info.

ps: I assume the image entertainment disc is equal to the grindhouse one...

16. Image/ Grindhouse

Yup; that's the one. :)

17. mazzariniuk

mazzariniuk Guest

One more thing...

all these cannibal flicks are really quite boring, tried watching FEROX the other day YAWN YAWN YAWN, the commentary is fun though.

Post 101 what happens now?

18. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Cannibal films rock

19. crank

crank Guest

I know that this is a point that has been beat into the ground, but why could they not make cannibal flicks without hacking up cute little critters. I've been a very strict vegitarian for the last 7 years, and I sometimes find it hard to bring my peronal beliefs together with my love of Italian Exploitation Cinima

20. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

yes cannibals!! [​IMG] :)