Electric Boogaloo & Machete Maidens Unleashed! (Australian Blu-Ray)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Funktion, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Funktion

Funktion Member

Australian label Umbrella Entertainment will soon release two documentaries from director Mark Hartley, the extremely entertaining Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films, and Machete Maidens Unleashed!, on a region-free Blu-Ray.

This release marks, I believe, the HD debut of Machete Maidens Unleashed! (Electric Boogaloo was previously released on Blu-Ray in Germany).

It’s a stacked released, with several hours of extras, some exclusive to this release.

Copied from Umbrella’s website:

Electric Boogaloo:
    A Word With Frank Yablans - exclusive to this release
    Michael Dudikoff Extended Interview - exclusive to this release
    Deleted & Extended Scenes - contains content exclusive to this release
    Cannon Trailer compile - contains more content than any other release
    Tiff Red Carpet Report - exclusive to this release
    Variety Studio interview - exclusive to this release
    UK press interview - exclusive to this release
    Behind The Scenes gallery - exclusive to this release
    Cannon Stills & Poster Gallery -exclusive to this release
    Electric Boogaloo HD Trailer

Machete Maidens Unleashed:
    Audio commentary with Director and crew
    More Wild & Untold Stories From Machete Maidens - contains more content than previous Australian release.
    Filipino Trailer Compile
    Rue Morgue Audio Interview
    Fantastic Fest Q&A with Roger and Julie Corman, Mark Hartley and Tim League (13 mins 30)
    Fantastic Fest Red Carpet
    Fantastic Fest interview - exclusive to this release
    Monster test footage
    Oath of Green Blood
    Filipino Poster & Stills Gallery
    Machete Maidens Unleashed HD Trailer

https://www.umbrellaent.com.au/comi...galoo--machete-maidens-unleashed-blu-ray.html

Of particular interest to Cannon fans, the Cannon Trailer Compile will feature around 1h 50 min. of Cannon trailers. The Filipino Trailer Compile will feature around 70 min. of Filipino trailers.

Here’s the cover:
    [​IMG]

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Pretty cool news.

But I will say that I didn't particularly love Electric Boogaloo like I thought I would. It wasn't bad but it was more of a bashing of Cannon Films. Would have preferred more of a celebration of the films instead imho.

So this release is great for anyone that hasn't seen either docs yet and/or were going to get the individual releases eventually. For me though I'll take a pass.

3. Funktion

Funktion Member

It wasn't really just bashing. People shared their memories and views about their experiences, some were positive or fair about it, or managed to have a laugh about it, and some were negative about it (and to make things somewhat funny, some of these negative comments came from people that appear to have the delusional idea they were destined to great things, and Cannon was to blame for their poor careers).
    But anyway, it was great to hear from and about many of the people both behind and in front of the cameras, and other production staff. Some of these people you rarely hear about nowadays.

Since I really enjoy watching trailer compilations, I think just the inclusion of nearly 2h of Cannon trailers, and 1h+ of Filipino trailers, would be enough to warrant a purchase from me. :)