Elm Street documentary

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by rxfiend, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep, found the egg quite easily when I first popped in the 2nd disc. Anyone wondering can find the egg instructions in the profile in my DVD Profiler list...but it's quite obvious via standard menu operations already.

2. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I'm actually grabbing a torrent as I type this (and will still be buying this after it's gotten a wider release)

3. springjack

springjack New Member

you?re right... I pre-ordered this and is still on backorder.

Anchor Bay isn?t what it used too be.
    ________
    PORTABLE VAPORIZER REVIEWS

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  4. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

Finally arrived today. Holy shit that felt like forever even though it was only 5 days. I had grown accustomed to Prime. I hope there's another free Prime deal soon. The disc art is nice. Hopefully I'll have a chance to watch it this weekend.

5. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I finally watched this a couple nights ago and it was AMAZING. At over 3.5 hours, it really is pretty awe-inspiring. With the exception of Depp, Arquette, and Meyer, it looks like they got pretty much every soul involved with the franchise. What I especially liked is that, since enough time has passed since these films were made, it seemed pretty easy for the folks involved to look at the films pretty objectively, bagging on them when needed.

I really could barely believe the shear amount of STUFF on the 2nd disc : The extended interviews for each film were great, the handful of fan-centric features were fun, and I especially loved "A Nightmare on Elm St. in 10 minutes" (glad to see so many people from the franchise again).

The only thing I could have wanted more would be to have an approx hour or so long straight interview with Englund where he discussed each film's pros and cons at length. Aside from that, it's pretty perfect.

6. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I wonder if there was some kind of legal issue with Laurence Fishburne as he isn't mentioned and none of his footage from Dream Warriors is shown, I believe.

Excellent doc. Moves very fast (this was 4 hours!?) and is very interesting. The segment on Nightmare 2 is hilarious (Did you know Clu Gulager didn't get a blow job on the set of Nightmare 2? NOW YOU KNOW!)

I've watched it twice now.

My question is why wasn't His Name is Jason this good? Sigh.

7. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

This was the most in-depth documentary I've ever seen for a film. At one point I thought the docs for Tron and Legend were the most comprehensive... no longer. Just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about the series, this doc humbled me lol.

Was I the only one that actually got a little emotional during the last 5 minutes where everyone spoke about how much they appreciate what the series had done for their careers? I know Bob Shaye was never an easy guy to work with, but you could see the tears welling up in his eyes at the end when he talks about New Line and how he was forced out of it. I found it pretty affecting.

Best movie related documentary EVER.

8. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

i got my copy pretty quick considering amazon said it would take 1-3 weeks for delivery and right now it's back in stock. the price has gone up a little though

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

probably one of the reasons his name of jason wasn't as good as this is because the first 8 friday films all got new special editions with new extras so they didn't need to go really indepth into the friday franchise

10. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

True but His Name was Jason felt like nothing but a bunch of fanboys like Uncle Creepy and Ryan Rotten spewing their love for the franchise. I didn't want to hear from them. I wanted to hear more from the people involved in the making of the series.

Never Sleep Again really does make up for the lack of special editions for the films.

11. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

12. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, what an amazing undertaking the whole set was. Man, there is A LOT of footage here. It definitely puts to shame the still enjoyable Halloween: 25 Years of Terror and His Name was Jason docs. Other than the big stars you knew wouldn't participate, they pretty much got EVERYONE you could imagine related to the film. Even the guy who did those great posters for the first 5 movies. Even though I was sent a review copy I almost want to just go out and buy it again it was so good. Kudos to all involved.

The review:

http://horrordigital.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=837

13. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

This is the best doumentary I've ever watched on a horror series. It really does put to shame the Halloween and Friday the 13th docs, they should have all been done in this style.

14. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

My copy just arrived, watched almost 2 hours already and I love it, I didn't noticed how fast these 2 hours passed, definitely the insight I was expecting and the Nightmare series deserved. Kudos to the makers, I encourage everyone to get their copy. I was laughing out loud with Nightmare 2 segment.

15. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Arrived within 7 days from CD Universe to Canada.

Great Doc! 4 hours and still wanted more (2nd disc extras make up for this) but seriously... why NOTHING about Lawrence Fishburne? Not even the mention of his name or a pic from the film. Very fishy, sir Lawrence...

Also suprising just how many other film clips are used in the main feature. Stuff from totally unrelated films from several major companies (Disney ect). I wouldn't be surprised if some of these clips get removed before wide release... possible copyright issues?

Grab it if you can!

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  16. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, I thought about that too. I could definitely see this going OOP after initial stock sells out because of this. Maybe they are playing the fair use card? I don't know, but it was nice to see, especially in some obscure clips, like Mark Patton's work in Altman's COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME, JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN.

17. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

WTF is with the price gouging on this? The only place that seems to have it in stock is Amazon, and they want $24.99 for it?

Assholes!

18. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

It's worth it. I paid $30 and felt as though it was a bargin.

19. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

20. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation