Elvira, Mistress of the Dark Limited Edition Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Mar 4, 2017.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

[​IMG]
    http://ew.com/movies/2017/02/28/elvira-mistress-of-the-dark-blu-ray/

And according to the Cinespectral Films contact on Blu-ray.com there's still more extras yet to be announced.

Zombie Dude, f.ramses and Kim Bruun like this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep, I've been waiting a few days for the pre-order to go live. It was supposed to on 2/28, but they had a payment issue or something.

I could have sworn there was a thread about this already on here, but I guess there wasn't.

3. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Debating on picking this up. The doc looks great, but I'm not a fan of media books. I'm sure MOTD will end up with a release in the US or UK eventually, but whether or not it'll include the doc....

4. Katatonia

From what I've seen posted, the doc will probably remain an exclusive. Plus three audio commentaries, a 60-page dual-language booklet, various other bonus features, and it will be a 4K restoration/transfer from the original Interpositive. It sounds like it will be awesome just by the bonus features alone. Of course they could always screw something up, but it really sounds like every effort is being put into the release.

Here is some detailed info from Cinespectral regarding the transfer: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13306203&postcount=53

Elvira has also given her blessing for this release. :p

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah there's surprisingly little of threads here on this movie, though I was tempted to updated the one on the Tweeterhead book as its recent and the title is rather generic.

I was checking in on that Blu-ray.com thread nearly daily since the end of last year before they finally changed from imminent to not for a few months (because a new extra fell into their laps)! There just doesn't seem to be much movement elsewhere, so I feel confident in buying this edition. Unless someone uncovers a European nude version of the boudoir scene I'm sure this edition will be the one to own for the foreseeable future.

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Finally, Elvira: Mistress of the Dark on BD!

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be released in the fall of 2016. Every month goes by they say there delays. This is nothing new with them. Example their Hell comes to Frogtown is also in delay. And that was supposed to come out before the Elvira film in 2016. I've had that pre-orderd since December. Have zero clue when that's coming. Actually gave up on it or at least forgot about it until just now. If I remember correctly they said something like end of March 2017. And in 2016 they said pre orders were going up in the second week of May of 2016. :eek: It never happened.

This company is notorious for missing deadlines. Have know idea why they continue to release info when they know they can't deliver. I'm a patient guy, so I don't really are when it comes out, but they got to stop with wrong information.

The current Elvira movie they have been say next week, next month for over 6 months now. No joke. They said the link GOES LIVE TOMORROW, well that was a week ago. :confused: I get delays, every company deals with it but this downright amazing what going on with this company. Bottom line is as long as the release eventually comes out & they deliver on what they said the product will be. Then all is forgiven. But if the films they release get average reviews on video quality, etc.. The company is finished.

One more thing, over 4 months ago they said the will absolutely have Paypal AND you can buy it from Amazon too. Well they better. Because you would have to be on drugs to send that company your credit card information on a pre order. (I pre ordered Hell from Amazon, so my guess is they will have the same)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  8. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

9. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Love this film so I'll probably bite.

10. Katatonia

They posted the other day that Elvira will only be available direct from their website.

As for the delays, it honestly really doesn't worry me too much. I contributed to some "pre" documentary stuff on Kickstarter and Indiegogo that I'm still waiting on from 2015.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So they changed what they said last year. That's fine, as long as they offer paypal.

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Confirmation on the payment issue.

On their facebook page they responded to someone asking about payments and paypal.

"yes as it looks right now and the headaches amazon pay gives us still (or better said again) paypal will be for now the only payment option. You can just create your customer account (the shop has a privacy policy) enter your billing and shipping address and then pay with paypal with all its benefits. If errors might occur or if you then might have other questions, the shop will have a support contact."

So that's good news for people that use(or only want to use) Paypal. Unfortunately bad news for people that don't like/use Paypal.

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

You can input your credit card without an account. Maybe some people don't want to give PayPal a single penny, but you can't make everyone happy.

These guys are a start up, so you're going to see delays. They haven't learned how to set expectations as they haven't learn how long anything truly takes yet.

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Looks like they are getting closer.

[​IMG]

So which cover art does everyone prefer? Anybody buying all three? :)

Myself, I'm deciding between Version A (original poster art ... I think) and Version C.

Katatonia likes this.
  15. Katatonia

I'll be going for Cover C... love the artwork on it.

Those covers have been posted elsewhere previously, but it's good that they've finally posted it themselves!

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I think I like version A the most.

So is there any info onwhat this set will be going for? Also, what's the site that's selling these?

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Not sure but Hell was 35.9 EUR from Amazon.de

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. Katatonia

I finally got my order in for the Elvira Cover C and Hell Comes to Frogtown Cover B. :cool:

Their website keeps crashing though, so there is a lot of traffic trying to get orders in...

baggio likes this.
  19. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I feel like an idiot--cannot find an official preorder page for this. I can get the FB page, but Cinespectral didn't post a link themselves. Bizarre.

edit: ah, here it is: https://movie2shop.com/en/

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

It's live!!!

[​IMG]