Elvira, Mistress of the Dark Limited Edition Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Damn, that's screwed up. :eek: I guess Frogtown is cancelled also then?

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Don't know for sure. As of right now it's still available to buy at Amazon.de This is where I pre ordered it since December 2016. :eek:

Katatonia likes this.
  3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Based on their statement, it sounds like they'll be selling off all of their projects to another distributor.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  4. Katatonia

Well, I went ahead and filed a PayPay claim. I kept getting a web error, so called them and first it said there would be a 45+ minute wait. I called back a few minutes later and got through to someone within 5 minutes :eek: and they took care of it, assuring me the claim was escalated and I would get the money back before August 11th.

I supported these guys, but the whole thing just kind of reeks now. I mean they had to have known long ago that the manufacturer was never going to make their new "release date"... if it even was in any form of manufacturing progress that is. The whole DNS attack thing also sounds very suspect.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Very disappointing but not too surprising given what's transpired over the last few weeks. I really hope another label can put this out. Assuming the scan is finished and all the extras are completed and cleared it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult - though I wonder if there were rights issues holding things up and the mediabook delays were just a less worrisome excuse.

We'll probably never know the full story but I believe they legitimately wanted to get these releases out. Being a startup they were probably just in over their heads trying to release such a major cult title. They probably should have stuck to Frogtown and worked out the kinks with that release before announcing Elvira.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Real bummer this is cancelled but I cant say I'm too surprised considering the delays. Surely it'll get released even as a standard bluray in the near future.

chancetx likes this.
  7. Katatonia

I received the full refund from them on PayPal, so at least that's taken care of now. :oops:

Hopefully another label does get the movie/transfer and the documentary. It would be a shame if it never gets released.

8. Stige

Stige Active Member

I remember Werewolf the series from SF........

Steel76 likes this.
  9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I did, but I didn't burn it. Currently don't have a working burner so I can't comment on the quality, etc...

BTW, when you said can't download it, you mean direct in one link? Because it's on Myspleen too.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Wow, that was fast. I filed a claim too just about an hour ago. Same process as you, had to call, escalation, etc... Still waiting for refund, worst case in 11 days guaranteed.

Also, did you order Frogtown from Amazon.de like me?

12. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Yeah, I've never been able to get MySpleen to actually download anything. I have an account, and a file opens in my download folder, but the file size never increases.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Little confused. Myspleen is a torrent site. (private tracker) And when you say "I have an account", you mean with that Mega site? Yeah that Mega cloud site for me never worker either. It says free 50 gigs, but I can move things to "my folder" but can't download anything. It just does nothing after hitting the button.

14. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Sorry I wasn't clear. I received an invite and created a username and password to MySpleen. I have access to all of the files to download, however nothing ever actually downloads. A small file opens in my download folder, but it never increases in size.

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Cinespectral just removed ALL posts regarding the release from their facebook. LOL hurry go look every refresh, more dates and posts are being deleted, LOL.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

baggio, you're enjoying this too much.

baggio likes this.
  17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok, so don't get mad. Trying to help. Have you ever downloaded a torrent before? And when you say download folder, you mean on your Hard Drive at home, right? The whole file is like 45 gigs, maybe it's not done? Are there any seeders at Myspleen?

P.S. - You could PM if you want instead of discussing it here on this thread. I didn't want to shift the discussion to torrent talk. Unless of course other people want the info too. Happy to discuss it or help out regardless.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Seriously at this point you have to just laugh at the whole thing. Trust me it's disappointing, I wanted this release from day one in 2016.

Update!!!

Every single post on CF facebook is deleted. The whole entire page is wiped.

[​IMG]

othervoice1 and Zombie Dude like this.
  19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

From Facebook

"Dear Customers,

we have to apologise for the recent silence. Unfortunately we have to confirm that the release of ELVIRA, MOTD and HELL COMES TO FROGTOWNWe on Blu-ray for now is being put on hold. We were forced to face another delay which would have put the release into mid September. Which obviously would have been outside of the purchase protection period for all customers of the first two weeks of pre-order. The general management decided that ALL customers will get their money refunded within the next 7 business days. Once that will be completed we will cease all activities. However, rumours that the company went into administration are entirely made up.

Please note that we will work down the list of transactions in sequence of orders (starting with orders from 7th of March). PayPal complaints will be handled besides that, so delays on such refunds might appear.

Few customers sent us "payment-requests" for the total amount of their orders. We will decline such requests. We are working down all refunds / complaints like written above. Every transaction has to be handled manually to be refunded. We apologise, but this might take some time.

We are aware of technical PayPal issues which are connected with come 11th of August date, however that is in no connection to our account. Complaints/Refunds are already handled right now.

For the customers who asked if the contents of our set might resurface on another release, there is a good chance right now that another German company will release the set in the way it was planned.

Sincerely,

Cinespectral Films"

Zombie Dude likes this.
  20. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

For those seeking the quick, easy route to a Paypal refund, log into your Paypal account, click on the transaction, and contact the seller through Paypal. I sent a brief, polite email requesting a refund and received it in 98 minutes.

Zombie Dude likes this.