Enzo G. Castellari and Blue Underground

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Well,rereading this thread and its new posts made me put it on my wishlist again :)And I did like Streetlaw.Thanks for the heads up Ryan!

2. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

you simply won't regret it

i myself am awaiting A Man Called Magnum coming into the mail any moment!

3. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I wrote about my insane love for this film in the Comment On The Track The Films You Watch 2006 thread, I believe. Too good to be missed. Trust us, two guys named Ryan :D

4. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

The Heroin Busters - this one's a tad on the dry side, sort of a by-the-numbers affair. That said, it's still an enjoyable little film. Fabio Testi and David Hemmings are always a pleasure to watch, and the villains are quite entertaining (as is the climactic plane chase).

Street Law - I loved the hell out of this one. In fact, this is probably the best poliziotteschi I've seen to date, even beating out Revolver. Franco Nero is at his best as a poor guy who just can't seem to catch a break, even when he takes the law into his own hands. He's not shown as an inhuman avenger, as he gets beaten down badly on a few different occasions when he turns vigilante. His relationship with a small time crook played by Giancarlo Prete makes the film all the stronger. There are some fantastic sequences in this film, all set to some great music, and the rather bleak ending brings everything full circle.

Saw these way back in June, but still haven't gotten around to The Big Racket.

5. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

while this isn't the right thread, I can highly recommend A Man Called Magnum! Great interplay between the 2 main characters, a film that is great fun to watch and about 3 car chases which makes your adrenaline go up in no time! add to that some pounding music and you've got great Euro crime! Not in the same league as the classics maybe, but let that don't stop you!

6. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me