EviL Dead Ultimate Edition Specs

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash, Oct 7, 2007.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Damn, I'm still happy with my Elite DVD but I'm almost tempted to buy this. :nervous:

Love the cover, too!

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I can't Evil Dead anymore. I love them, but from now on, I'm gonna have to Netflix the newest edition for a peek at the extras.

4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    So am I! That's the one I'm keeping. I'm sick of the constant reissues on this film!

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So what, is this the fifth version now?

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I love that cover art. I'll definately be picking this up, as I only have the old Anchor Bay clear slim case version.

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

RESIST!!!!!! :p

8. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I'm angry at this release because I love my Book of the Dead packaging and hate keeping around DVDs that I won't be watching. But I love bonus features and want to see all of these new ones. So it looks like I'll be keeping both the BOTD and Ultimate editions.

9. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

After the Ultimate Edition of Dawn of the Dead, this feels like a lackluster followup.

Are those new commentary tracks? I am thinking they are not and that this will be a pass for me.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I doubt they're new. If they are then marketing fucked up by not labeling them as such, as they sound like the same ones from the Elite, Book, laserdisc, etc.

Great point about Dawn, that deserved to be called Ultimate. This, it's just some new extras and not even the ones we've been waiting years for.

The next one will be called either the "bestest edition ever" or the "The Truely Ultimate (we really mean it this time)" version.:rolleyes:

11. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I have the horrible edition I got from the Evil Dead Lunch Box set. Going to make sure to make a purchase on this one.

12. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

I only have the single disc Anchor Bay edition, and I'm actually excited for this one. Three discs isn't bad, and the full frame edition is nice with out having to go out and buy the elite disc separately. Maybe after this they will release Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness in Anchor Bay Collection versions, even though both of those also have their fare share of multiple releases. With this new releasing collection, maybe films like Bride of Re-Animator or Meet the Feebles can get the Anchor Bay Collection treatment?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  13. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Anchor Bay / Starz doesn't have the rights to AOD anymore. They reverted back to Universal.

I want Anchor Bay to try and secure the rights to Hellraiser: Bloodline and Halloween 6, and do SEs on them.

14. n3rds3x

n3rds3x Guest

Another Evil Dead? Are you kidding me?

Who am I kidding, I'll pick this up as an upgrade from my Book of the Dead. Speaking of which, has anyone noticed any physical degradation of the book over the years? Since I purchased the Book of the Dead when it was first released a few years ago, I noticed that the book itself is falling apart. I can see the foam underneath the cover and the spine is starting to crack.

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

will probably get it still but i wonder why within the woods isn't on this new edition it is hardly a ultimate edition without that

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Mine is fine, but that kind of thing will happen eventually with latex. I had a Mike Myers mask which mysteriously melted in a few spots and never reset. I kept sticking to things and I had to throw it away. Keep latex away from petroleum products. Climate no doubt plays a role in deterioration as well, don't ask me what though. Is your area dry or humid? Or are you keeping it stored in a place with extreme temperature differentials (cold in winter, hot in summer)?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  17. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Music rights. It will never get cleared for an official release. This was mentioned 5 years ago when the Book of the Dead came out.

18. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I heard the audio was altered and releasable but Raimi didn't want to put it out. Perhaps hes embarrassed of it? Its really not that great and would probably disappoint most fans.

ADDED: I remember seeing this somewhere. Here is a screencap from a menu left in the "Book of the Dead" dvd that could only be found if you're going through the dvd's code:
    http://www.evildeadchainsaws.com/website/video/WTW_dvd_score.jpg
    As you can see, the audio issue was not the problem.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  19. MarkWarner

MarkWarner New Member

Will definately be buying this. I sold my original DVD because I found out it wasn't in the right aspect ratio and the extras were kind of lackluster. Can't wait.

20. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

you know, i was thinking last night about how many times i've double dipped and i've actually been pretty good.. i've only ever double dipped 4 times..

once for dawn of the dead ultimate edition (but my other edition has a different commentary track so it's not all bad) i keep and watch both

once for day of the dead divimax or whatever it was.. that edition was badass and definitely worth the upgrade.. the old disc is 100% redundant now

once for escape from New York.. which was pretty much just for the commentary and the deleted train scene.. so i basically never spin up my old one

and once for army of darkness to get the R3 version that had a better picture and some additional scenes.. though in hindsight i realised that the R3 was the same as the R4 so i could have just picked it up locally for $10 and saved a bunch of cash.

oh and i also double dipped on aliens when i grabbed the alien quadrilogy.. besides that though i dont have any double ups