EviL Dead Ultimate Edition Specs

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

I want to own the original version with the bluer color scheme on DVD. It looks better.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=31511&highlight=evil+dead

Don't think it's ever been available on DVD. If this release does it, I'll consider buying it again, as it would be my first double dip on DVD. (I found a copy of the original big-box HBO Home Video VHS release at a yard sale for a buck. Doesn't count.)

I just don't want this to suck.

2. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I'm in the same boat as you. I want the 3rd disc especially, but I'm quite content with my BOTD edition which I purchased the day it came out.

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep i also remember the screen menu having the within the woods as an extra

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Not very ultimate when compared to the Dawn set, but I'd probably pick this up if I find it cheap of if it goes on sale.

5. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

As much as I love this series, I cannot justify another edition.

6. Slow

Slow Guest

Specs from fangoria.com:

7. Lucio Romero

Lucio Romero Member

Looks like Within The Woods won't be on this release either. What are the odds we get a Evil Dead: Definitive Edition in two years time with Within The Woods on the 4th disc:)

LUCIO!!!!

8. fceurich39

also says a couple easter eggs wouldn't it be awesome if within the woods was an easter egg!

9. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

FINALLY! I've been waiting for this forever! That last Anchor Bay DVD was the first I bought of this movie and was exciting at first... but then, when compared to other editions of other movies, fell grossly below the radar of what it should have had and could have had to be a real special edition (as did Hellraiser, obviously), the likes of which lives up to the quality of the MGM special edition discs. I thoroughly enjoyed the featurette and the panel discussion for information about the movie, but... all they really discussed was the film's European distribution history. I was glad, I mean- I enjoy anything intelligent, amusing, and filled with information, but... featurettes made years after the commentaries come out are usually filled with stuff that wasn't mentioned. I especially appreciate the detail they went into on the Dawn of the Dead featurette on Romero's start in the movie business and how he wrote the movie and all that. Hopefully now we'll get that and more with this movie. Except I know Raimi is always hard to get ahold of for these things, maybe they finally got him. And Tapert. And the other members of the cast.

And not to mention- I want that original fullscreen version. Hoping, naturally, that the colors are more faithful to the VHS version that scared the crap out of me. Which hopefully it will be since they're not just cut and pasting all the same sound options from the widescreen version onto the fullscreen. Which all other companies do if their movie has no fullscreen history on video, or whathaveyou.

Definitely disappointed that there's no Within the Woods. Has anyone here seen it, though? Was it at all scary? Campy? Bizarre?

Anyway- here's hoping this DVD is eventually reviewed right here on Horrordvds.com. My fingers are crossed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well damn, I definitely have to pick this up now. Those extras sound amazing! I'm not sure if I'll ditch my Elite DVD, though. It was one of the first DVDs I bought online. :eek:

11. DVD-fanatic-9

I didn't see mention of any "Easter Eggs" here... but I hope there's something meaty in them. And not just Bruce Campbell's Fanalysis documentary. Which was great and all, but y'know... I think most people here have it on DVD already. It's on all the Anchor Bay Evil Dead single-disc THX DVD's. Title 15.

12. fceurich39

on the fangoria post there is a sentence at the bottom of the article saying an easter egg or two www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5177

13. DVD-fanatic-9

I hate reading links, so I didn't check that one out. So, thanks.

14. Tina12312

Tina12312 Guest

probably gonna have to break down and buy this baby.

15. gfanikf

gfanikf Guest

16. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Aw dammit. Those Disc 3 features sound like a lot of fun. Why does the framing on The Book of the Dead Edition have to be imperfect, why? WHY?

17. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

God damnit.

Is it BLUE or RED?

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Wait... so disc two will have the correctly framed full frame version of the film now?

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

20. Guess I was smart enough not to have gotten this on dvd yet! I'll pick up the 3 disc edition.