Exorcism & Night of the Sorcerers...

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by MrKateB, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Was curious as to whether anyone has picked up either Exorcism or Night of the Sorcerers yet, and what they thought of either film...I just called the local Best Buy and they got the two-pack of both for 17.99, so I will be picking that up later this evening...

I have only ever seen heavily edited versions of Exorcism, but I remember the visage of the possessed girl pretty well--really really well done makeup job on her. As for the other movie, I'm totally looking forward to it...didn't some stupid asshole even make a webpage for it?

2. jefff

jefff Guest

Iooked for it at my local BB, but they didnt have it in. I'll pick it up when they finally get some in. I just got the other Naschy 2 pack, but havent watched the movies yet. I'm looked forward to it. I really want to see Night Of The Sorcerers... I love me some de Ossario.

3. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan Member

I also bought the two pack of the first two at BEST BUY for something like $19.99 + sales tax whereas a friend of mine paid something like $14.99 each through Xploited Cinema.

Do we know for sure if there will be a BEST BUY double pack of these two films as well?

Opps ... I just re-read the first post again and I see that it has been confirmed and it's $2.00 cheaper so that makes me happy. I'll have to swing by there this weekend.

4. MrKateB

Yeah...the only thing that I didn't like, and it's only because I'm an extremely anal freak about my DVD collection, is that it's not a double packaging job as it was with the first two...

The first two were individual DVDs that were shrinkwrapped together. Night of the Sorcerers and Exorcism are two individual dvds, but they are inside one double disc case, and the artwork has been cropped and shrunk down to fit on the same front cover...I usually like all of my movies to be individual inside their own case...

Really no biggie, and I was very happy to see that it did include full sets of liner notes for each title inside, but it was still a little annoying.

Also, for those buying at Best Buy, they have again screwed up the way it appears in their listing, so if you call ahead and they say they don't have it, chances are they actually might. Because it doesn't show up correctly, if they just looked it up on their 'puter, it probably doesn't come up...Just make sure you're not looking for a double wide packaging, because it is in a regular width DVD case.

5. jefff

jefff Guest

If that's the case with the new 2 pack, I'll probobly just buy online then. I only really want Night of The Sorcerers anyway...

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

How is it listed then?

So long as it's cheaper I don't care about the package, I'd buy it. Unfortunately I ended up buying from DD because there was no clear word on the Best Buy release and I had a hell of a time before with it. So I ended up spending $4 extra... Not happy about that. :cry:

7. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan Member

I don't think the packaging will piss me off but if it does (when I see it at the store) then for a few dollars more I'll just order it from DeepDiscount.com

That may be silly to pay more for packaging but when you are talking $17.99 + sales tax (a total of $19.25) vs a total of $21.94 from DD then for the difference of $2.69 I would rather have the better (individual) packaging. Perhaps if the price difference was more I wouldn't care but ...

I think I just talked myself into ordering it now from DD LOL

BTW check out this link: CLICK HERE

Is that worth picking up? I've never seen it but at that (low) price I might have to order it as well LOL

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  8. Luna

Luna Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. MrKateB

Hyuk!

Umm...er...to answer the question about listing, I really never found out. I remember the guy on the phone running through the various spelling differences, and first he said he couldn't find either title, then found reference to a two pack, but he never told me how it was listed, only that he found them on the shelf and would hold a two pack for me...

It was only 17.99, and I can live with that...I would have preferred getting them individually though...

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

So MrKateB how does this compare to the Midnight Video release? ;) I kid, I kid.

As MrKateB is well aware of, there was a large debate over on The Latarnia Forums over 28 seconds of footage missing from the Deimos print, most of which is included as extras on the DVD. This is included in the Midnight Video bootleg release, which is optically censored itself as its from a Japanese video source.

The madness begins about here and includes Bill Knight from Midnight Video arguing with Mirek Lipinski (who did the Deimos liner notes). In typical internet fashion Hitler eventually pops into the picture. Try and guess which side will say it first while you read. Gold, pure internet gold.

11. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

i watched the new NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS dvd. good quality print. the movie is fun and has a few of the slow motion creepy shots most people will recognize from the Blind Dead series. Blood runs red and theres some nudity too. overall worth watching.

12. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

exorcism is a nice release and UNCUT
    night of the sorcerers is also a nice release but sadly it's slightly CUT and the english track is way out of sync.....

13. MrKateB

In the copy I got, with the English track, it's out of synch only slightly, and it seems to get better as the movie plays through...It's a little hard to get used to at first, but since it was a dub anyway it's ultimately not that big of a deal to me.

Neither are the 30 seconds that are cut (again, to me) in that if I want to watch someone get whipped 36 times instead of 32 I can always watch the different version, and since all of the "cut" footage is found in the extra features it doesn't bother me at all.

14. MrKateB

I don't know HOW I missed your post, X-Human...Thanks for giving me a good laugh...

15. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

slightly ...:lol:

and the cut footage should be in the main feature....it's a really nice release but it's cut....., that's a fact......

16. MrKateB

And it's also a fact that it doesn't bother me at all.

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I just ordered Exorcism and Night of the Sorcerers from Deep Discount yesterday. Night of the Sorcerers shipped today, Exorcism is currently back ordered.

18. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

night of the sorcerers is indeed a lot of fun with hot naked women, blood and whippings. i enjoyed this more than exorcism even tho naschy is adequate in the role of the priest. the a/ v on both films is excellent.

19. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan Member

I was at BEST BUY this past Saturday (August 25, 2007) and they had a shitload of the double pack NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF/VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES but I could not find the double pack of EXORCISM/NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS so I'll probably just order from DEEPDISCOUNT.COM

I did pick up the remaster of LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN for all of $12.99 even though I have the previous release by Media Blasters. Hopefully the last Media Blasters release I will ever buy as they are a suck ass company.

BTW I ripped NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF to make a back-up copy and the title code on the DVD is "WAREWOLF_SD" which I got a laugh out of ... perhaps WAREWOLF is a Spanish spelling LOL

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Watched NotS last night.

First of all just simply an amazing transfer. And what could be more fun than an undead leopard vixen luring an unsuspecting nubile girl decked in a nightie through the jungle to a voodoo ritual? Why gratuitous topless whippings when she gets there, of course. Great spooky fun from de Ossorio.

As for the edits, they're rather inconsequential. If someone wanted to they could take all the shot footage and cut in every possible frame of sex and violence, then recycle it to death to make it seem longer. But in the end it is what it is. We got what we were looking for.