Experience with Amazon UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Apr 11, 2017.

1. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

So I pre-ordered my House: The Complete Collection through Amazon UK on March 18. It was actually shipped out to me about 5 days later. I still haven't received it (it was supposed to be here yesterday) AND there's no tracking information.

I'm really kind of irritated. I understand it's coming from the UK, but does it really take three weeks?! Obviously they had to put it on a plane to get to the US. So okay, that takes 7 hours. Once it gets to the US, do they strap it to a turtle dipped in molasses or something?

I just don't understand what takes so long, and I really hate when I order something and it has no tracking information. I have no way of knowing when it's going to arrive or why it didn't arrive when it was supposed to. This is my first order from Amazon UK.

I see they have this for pre-order too:

[​IMG]
    Looks interesting. But now I'm uncomfortable ordering. Has anyone else had issues with Amazon UK?

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

3 weeks is a long time, it normally takes around 2 from the UK to US.

It's no surprise there is no tracking, this is very expensive, in the UK it cost around £15 to £20 each item. so it's no surprise amazon does not add it considering the cost of the item. Maybe they should offer the option, but I can't imagine many people would stump up the additional cost.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I order from Amazon UK quite often and shipments to the USA usually take 1-3 weeks on average, based on my experience with them.

My House set took just shy of 2 weeks to arrive after it had been shipped.

They usually do not give a tracking # with the "standard" shipping method, however the time in transit for that method of shipment can range widely. I've had packages arrive within a few days, but once had a couple of packages (via Royal Mail) from them take 2 months to arrive...although that was a couple of years ago now.

Sometimes it comes before the expected delivery date they give, and sometimes it can take longer for whatever reason. Probably 95% of my orders from them arrive no later than 2 weeks after the expected delivery date.

You can always upgrade the shipment method at additional cost, and it will often arrive faster and a tracking # will be given for the shipment.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much unless it's been over 2 weeks after the delivery date they gave. It will eventually show up. Their customer service is always top notch on there if there is a problem.

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Just call them or IM with customer support. We cannot help you, mate.

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I frequently order from Amazon UK and have never had a package lost or show up damaged. Sometimes the shipping takes a bit but I expect that since the postage is very inexpensive. Most recently I had five blu's sent. They came in two different packages and one took about 10 days longer to get here than the other.

6. The Joker

Okay, thanks for the responses everyone. I feel a bit better :)

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

It should show up Joker. I used to receive packages from them within a week, now it's two or three for some reason (customs maybe).

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Madhouse is a dual territory release, so you could preorder from the US instead, if you prefer: https://www.amazon.com/Madhouse-2-D...98533&linkCode=ur1&adid=19YDT0PC55E6Y41CSKZ6&

Shipping from the UK (or international, in general) can vary widely. 3+ weeks from the UK is a little on the long side of normal, and your item should arrive any day now, but you might want to notify Amazon sooner than later as this is a limited release.

The delay is probably due to customs or the shipping carrier transition from Asendia, Royal Mail, etc. to USPS.

9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I think I only ever had one problem with a late shipment, and after messaging them, they replaced it for me. I order all my Arrow releases from them. They're significantly cheaper than amazon.ca.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  10. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Workshed you are classic. I just noticed that you put aka Villyan Shit under your name. Gave me a good laugh.

Workshed likes this.
  11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I probably order from Amazon UK more often than Amazon.ca to be honest. Blu-rays are a lot cheaper for some reason and their international shipping is super cheap. It actually costs less to have a package shipped from Amazon UK to Canada than Amazon US to Canada.

But yeah I get virtually all my Arrow releases from Amazon UK. Like everyone else has said, it's 1-3 weeks, usually just 2.

~Matt

12. The Joker

I spoke to Amazon UK's support the other day. They agreed that my shipment is taking unusually long. They also said that it was being shipped with Asendia and that no tracking information was provided (which I already knew). However, they said that they gave Asendia a deadline of 4/19 for the package to arrive (tomorrow), and that they'll send out a replacement if I don't receive it by then.

But what will be different about how they send out the replacement? I don't want to have to wait another month.

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I'm sure they'll expedite it to you. You should tell them it was a gift and now it's late. I've never had a package go missing from Amazon UK (wish I could say the same about Amazon.com).

~Matt

14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I'm actually past due on one of my Amazon UK orders (Eureka Fright Night). It was supposed to be here by April 14th. Guess I'll be sending a message to Amazon.co.uk, myself.

Hopefully they'll, at least, use a different shipping carrier. Royal Mail or DHL would both be preferable to Asendia, IMO. Maybe a shipping refund?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  15. The Joker

Just an update. My original pre-order (that was supposed to arrive on April 10) has still not arrived. On April 19, I called for a replacement, which they agreed to send. But as of today, it still hasn't even been shipped out.

This is undoubtedly the worst Amazon experience I've ever had.

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Well, just searching now on Amazon.co.uk they currently don't have the House Collection in stock, so it likely hasn't shipped yet because they have to obtain stock before they can replace your order. Can't confirm they had stock as of last week when you called, but that's the case at the moment.

17. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

You're not alone, as I also haven't received my House Collection from Amazon UK. The set was dispatched on March 29 and was supposed to arrive a week ago, but still nothing. They told me there's been a "delay within the carrier network" and they can't confirm its location because it was sent via an "untrackable method". This seems crazy to me coming from the world's largest retailer in 2017.

If it's not here by Tuesday I can request a replacement (five weeks after its original shipping date, mind you) but I have little faith given your similar experience that I'm going to receive it at this point. I'll probably try to get a copy from ebay or elsewhere before this limited set is gone for good. What a debacle.

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah sounds like Amazon UK has been pretty fucked up lately. I ordered the Indicator/Powerhouse release of The Big Heat and the Second Sight release of Scanners on April 1, it was supposed to arrive on the 21st and it arrived today. A week late. That's the first time that's happened to me on Amazon UK.

~Matt

19. The Joker

Honestly, dealing with their support has been a colossal pain in the ass too. They talk in circles, repeat the same things back to you over and over, etc.

AUK: May I have your order number?

Me: 755774

AUK: If I understand you correctly, you're telling me that your order number is 755774.

Me: That's correct.

AUK: If I understand you correctly, you're telling me that I'm correct. Is that correct?

Me: Yes

AUK: Thank you. What seems to be the problem?

Me: My order was supposed to be here two weeks ago and I never received it.

AUK: Please, let me review the order.

(Incoherent muttering)

AUK: Okay, yes. Hello sir. Please. Okay. So according to the order history, you haven't received it yet because it hasn't arrived.

Me: (Starts fashioning a noose from a necktie)

Matt89 likes this.
  20. The Joker

The original shipment - still hasn't arrived.

The replacement - still hasn't even been dispatched.

I've now been waiting almost two months for this set.

I'm very close to becoming Michael Douglas in Falling Down.