Experience with Amazon UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Apr 11, 2017.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

That's too bad about this experience. I place an order for five blu-rays on April 22nd and they arrived last week. I've never had an issue with Amazon, foreign or domestic.

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I've also ordered from Amazon UK many, many times without incident...until now. Oddly, it's concerning the HOUSE set as well. I ordered it on April 9th and it hasn't even dispatched yet!!! It estimates that it should be delivered by this Friday, which I seriously doubt. I will wait until Friday, but them I'm going to put on my Fuck You boots and start kicking.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I think Amazon UK has sold out of the House Complete Collection and it's now gone for good. I ordered one when it was in stock that annoyingly arrived damaged due to no extra protection besides the cardboard box it came in. I messaged Amazon UK and got a replacement locked in which after a few weeks still hadn't shipped. I checked the listing and it appears to be sold out so I contacted them for a refund as I'd found another set that was a little more expensive but reasonable enough on eBay. I also got to keep my damaged set so I'm just going to sell that off and hopefully break even or even make a little something on this otherwise frustrating experience.

Normally Amazon UK has been fine though. I've had more issues with damaged products from Amazon US.

The Joker and Katatonia like this.
  4. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

What pisses me off more is that my original order was dispatched. It was shipped with Asendia and just never arrived. No tracking, nothing. It's like it was shipped into space.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. Zombie Dude

Yeah that's really weird and would piss me off too.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It may still turn up some day out of the blue. I had a couple of shipments from Amazon UK once (albeit a few years ago now) that took right at about 2 months to arrive.

To get a tracking number on there you usually have to opt for the 2nd or 3rd shipping options. The cheapest shipping option rarely ever gives a tracking number.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. The Joker

I called Amazon UK again this morning. They admitted they had no way to track the original order and it's presumed lost. They also told me that my replacement, which is supposed to be here tomorrow but hasn't even been dispatched, was sold by a third party seller who is listing the item as "out of stock." So it looks like I won't get the replacement either. They had other third party sellers who have the item in stock, so I told them to process a replacement for me from one of those sellers. Know what they said? They said they can't do that because those sellers are charging more than what I paid for my original order. HOWEVER, they said they'll give me a refund and that I'm welcome to purchase from one of those other sellers myself. So to recap, Amazon, with its billions of dollars, won't absorb the extra cost to fulfill an order that they failed to deliver, but they welcome ME to absorb the extra cost. Fuck them. I told them just to refund my money. Arrow's website doesn't even seem to have it in the store anymore, so I'll have to find another retailer on my own. Anyone have any suggestions? I want the bluray set.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. Zombie Dude

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm pretty sure the set is OOP now and will probably be hard to come by. You could try eBay?

9. The Joker

Yeah I'm currently giving that a shot.

10. Zombie Dude

Let us know how you go :)

The Joker likes this.
  11. The Joker

I did find one but it'll essentially cost me double what my Amazon UK preorder cost. I don't suppose Arrow will re-issue it anytime soon though, and it will probably keep going up in price as less copies become available, especially brand new copies.

12. Zombie Dude

Yeah it could be sometime before Arrow re-issue the set or films individually (if they even do at all). If you can find it at a somewhat reasonable price it's worth it. I've seen people trying to sell these for like $500. It's crazy.

The Joker likes this.
  13. The Joker

I just grabbed a new set off Ebay. The seller is a company that has 99% positive feedback and they've been very good communicating with me back and forth. Granted, I ended up paying around $80 with shipping, which is double what I paid Amazon UK, but I feel like I might actually receive this one.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

My use of amazon.uk is pretty limited but in the past I've always had good experiences.
    Lately the same cannot be said of the US and Canadian sites. Some of my packages from the US have been lost, when I called customer service they told me to check my side yard, back yard. any bushes on my property and the neighbor's property as well. I did, nothing, so they sent a replacement.
    Amazon.ca is using a carrier named Intelcom now rather than Canada Post, got an envelope two weeks ago that looked like it have been stabbed repeatedly with a switchblade. The cd inside with cardboard packaging was completely scraped up consequently.
    Google Intelcom for more reviews, no idea why amazon would choose them?

15. Anthropophagus

I have no interest in the House blu-ray, but it is in stock at amazon.ca.

16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Okay, well, I just got a confirmation email from AmazonUK stating that it has dispatched....

The Joker likes this.
  17. The Joker

I don't want to jinx you, but my first order also dispatched.......almost two months ago. It never arrived and Amazon UK can't explain where it went.

18. The Joker

Kinda steep there...

19. Anthropophagus

It's Canadian funds, $45.00 cdn works out to about $2.75 US. LOL.

20. The Joker