Experience with Amazon UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Apr 11, 2017.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t go that far. DHL seems to be fast anyways, and as I posted back in 2019 on last page, DHL shipped a package to me from Italy to NH and it only took 3 days. That was also with the cheapest available shipping at the time.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Regular shipping rates to the US are back on both Amazon UK and Germany.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Now if only the dreaded "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." would disappear from everything else, it would be great.

4. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

FINALLY!!! Just got the regular edition of the Sadisterotica BD for 7.43EUR, way better than the 20+EUR it was going to cost last week and whatever the cost of the LE was!

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah I'm mulling over waiting to place an order for Dawn of the Dead UHD or trying somewhere else. This is the one release of the year I don't want to miss out on. Right now their price is not really beating anyone but they could always dip so it's worth securing an order just in case that happens.

That the standard release is shipping to USA but the UHD isn't is quite vexing. From a shipping standpoint there's not difference.

6. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Even a bit before the shutdown, my UK purchases have slowed from the level of the prior years. I'm not sure the cause. Decline in physical media production overall? Slowly ticking items off the long sought after but not yet on media items? Or, perhaps, the UK (and Europe in general) is not the haven it once was for getting niche movies the US publishers ignore finally on disk? Apart from near-bootleg publishers operating under German labels, I'm just not seeing the plethora of obscure horror and sci-fi titles making the scene region 2 like I used to. With notable exceptions like Eureka's semi-recent and rather slow trickle step into classic Hong Kong flicks, and a few Euro-TV programs, the well is running dry. Arrow and a few others have had high profile releases, but they're mostly upgrades of already available content - not releases of never before available on disk.

Last thing I picked up from the UK was the blu of the Amazon series "The Boys", something that should have been released in the US as well (but for Amazon's ridiculous refusal to release any Prime content on other formats unless the geo-region isn't a big market for Prime). Which is a bit of a theme in itself, an increasing percentage of my purchases from the UK aren't movies, they're US released TV and streaming programs that publishers either refuse to release in the US, release DVD only (instead of blu), or release with missing content. Which makes me wonder if the decline in such media sales in the US isn't partially by intent of the media publishers, making clearly sub-standard releases consumers won't waste their money on.