F13 hits blu-ray - Feb 3, 2009

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by rxfiend, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Sinister Ash

Sinister Ash New Member

such disappointment....

2. marcx

marcx New Member

So it seems like this is the same as any previous veriosn of the uncut international version---usually I am pretty pick about this stuff but this seems reasonable to me....I plan to watch mine this weekend...

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup - it is what it's supposed to be. Enjoy!
    Mine just came in the mail and I'll indulge myself tonight happily.

4. marcx

marcx New Member

The blu-ray looks simply fantastic on my 90" screen...NO complaints here...

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Looks like a Blu-ray box set is on the way:
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15230/

6. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

The blu ray of part 3 is only a slight improvment from the dvd and has no option to see it in 3d. Part 2 looks gorgeous on blu though so definatly worth picking up.

7. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Aside from part 1 and part 4, I don't see myself owning the others on blu-ray unless any of them are uncut.

8. Mutilated Prey

I will get the Blu's of all of 'em regardless of whether they are cut are not. Part 1 looks soooo choice, I wouldn't be able to stand not owning the rest. But, I mean, I HOPE they are uncut, especially Part 7 :)

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i really don't care if any of em is uncut except part 7 on the new blu-ray box set as well as part 3 blu-ray in 3D

10. FatalKiss

FatalKiss Guest

Just a quick question:

Is there an ISOLATED SCORE extras feature on the F13-blu-ray or the possibility to select score only during the movie?

I ask because I came across an download of the complete score on a torrent site saying it came directly from the new blu-ray but I didn't find the extra listed and don't want to get my fingers burnt by downloading any illegal content. If the soundtrack is included I would by the blu-ray ASAP.

thanks and best regards from Germany,
    FatalKiss

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

No, there's no isolated score included on the new R1 Blu-ray.

12. Katatonia

The Blu-ray for Part 2 looks fantastic, easily on par with the first film's HD transfer...even perhaps exceeding it. All of the bonus content is in full 1080p HD, except for Jason Forever which is just standard definition. The Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio sounds great.

The Blu-ray for Part 3 varies in quality. Sometimes the picture quality looks pretty good, and at other times it's grainy as hell and somewhat blurry. I'd fault the original film stock and vault materials available, but who knows. Again, the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio sounds great here. And all of the bonus features on this disc are full 1080p HD.

13. Mutilated Prey

Who? What? Where? Did I miss something? How are you seeing these already?

14. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

The Friday 2 & 3 blu-ray releases hit shelves in the UK the week after the US blu-ray release of pt 1.
    Thanks Katatonia!! I received mine early last week, they sit in my cabinet still unopened. I've been too busy to watch anything!! I was worried about all the extras being in PAL and unwatchable. This is great news!! Hopefully I'll be able to sit down to at least one of them tonight.

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I don't give a rat's ass about Part 3, as its one of my least favorite of the series, but shit...Part 2 is sounding more and more tempting.

~Matt

16. Mutilated Prey

Ah, well when are the US releases coming!?

I read that Blu Ray players don't care if it's PAL or NTSC format. Is that true?

17. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I like pt. 3 the best. Mostly because it was the first horror film I ever watched. I was around 8 years old, it was edited for TV and it still totally frightened me like nothing can today. To this day I feel it has some of the most classic Jason moments, like the overview of him thrashing through the barn, his strange scare tactic in the back window of the cabin (hallucination) and the pull away shot of his corpse on the barn at the very end played to a gentle almost "Just Before Dawn" whistling tone. I dig the snaggle-toothed, mongoloid look Jason had as well. I just love this movie. I'm glad the UK blu-ray transfer "has it's moments", I was quite impressed with the new 2-D dvd image so I'm sure to love it!!

18. Katatonia

Since the only extra that's standard def is "Jason Forever" you should have no problems playing anything else on any Blu-ray player in the world. That one played fine in my LG drive, but I have yet to check it in my Sony player. I really doubt it's PAL though since it's Paramount. I was shocked that everything else was in full 1080p.

Who knows when they're eventually coming to the US... I grabbed these cheap enough to be satisfied until whenever comes. :evil:

PAL & NTSC only matter for the standard-def material put on Blu-rays...as far as I know. The actual HD content (720/1080) is the same basic format worldwide, and isn't confronted with the PAL/NTSC conversion problems. The HD content isn't "sped up" as in the case of PAL DVD's either. A good case would be my recent purchase of the Sophie Scholl Blu-ray (UK) which actually runs almost 5 minutes longer than the R1 NTSC DVD, which was sourced from a PAL source it turns out. :eek2:

19. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

I have parts 2 and 3. I just watched the the intro and into the titles for part 3 and it looks amazing.

20. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Well the Ultimate Box Set is coming to Blu by the end of the year, so you don't have to long to wait. My guess would be mid summer when the remake hits DVD and Blu. Might have more extras as well, so unless you are loaded or desperately need to see them now I would hold out.